The Music

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

The Music

Post by AndyThomas »

Not being overly musical myself, I haven't looked into this a great deal but that album cover does look familiar - I think perhaps Mike might have more of a definitive answer for you. I do know that Paul Bliss was a newcomer when he did the music for Star Fleet, which would have been at the start of the eighties, so I don't know if that ties in? As for a Star Fleet CD - theoretically possible, certainly, and I know a lot of the musicians here would like "clean" versions of many of the themes featured in the series. I suppose you could recreate them given the original score...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

The Music

Post by Crash »

Would be nice if there was. We'll have to look into it, maybe pester someone to release it.
Dream big and bold and daring.
CondorJoe

The Music

Post by CondorJoe »

I think your best bet is shane. he did a funky piece of music a few months back and his work paid off realy well.
Rachel

The Music

Post by Rachel »

You know the soothing tones that sometimes accompany Lamia's entrance to a room, and the flashbacks to her past? Do you reckon they were in the original Japanese version? Much of the background music of the action scenes is similar to the British theme tune, so I doubt whether that was. It's really hard to imagine the series in a form without those lovely tunes.
Shane

The Music

Post by Shane »

Audio wise, none of the original X Bomber soundtrack was used for Star Fleet. The Music, and audio dub were all custom built for the UK version, This is why Star Fleet sounds far fresher than the others, which used 70s style music and sound effects.Lamia's flashback theme, while less hectic than his synth funk workouts is still most definitely our main man: Paul Bliss on his synthesizer.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!