captain carter was on after joe whiley

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

your not going to beleave this but if you where listening tonight around 10:00pm after the joe whiley and mark what's his name show. you would have heard a tune featuring the fabeled cptn carter.the song was called torpeado.
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

Radio 1 John Peel, 19/12/02. select" target="_blank">http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_a ... _wedselect wednesday. 19/12/02 and you can listen too the show on that night. you'll have too wait 10 mins for the track though.(Edited by CondorJoe at 10:14 am on Dec. 20, 2002)(Edited by CondorJoe at 10:17 am on Dec. 20, 2002)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well I never.  There ain't a lot of him, it's just a couple of samples of Carter's report about the scout from Pluto Base being blown up by "laser torpedoes from an enemy ship".  Annoyingly the track starts just before the 10 minute mark, so best bet is to listen to a couple of minutes, then skip 5, and then just sit back and listen.  I've got it going now (kudos to the BBC) and it's been on for almost 4 minutes!  "No provocation, no warning, no survivors".  I think the track listing is incorrect - as Dave says the track's called Torpedo by John Peel, but the track listed is:Bad Company - 'Hornet (LP - Shot Down On Safari)' (BC Recordings) Torpedo would make more sense in the circumstances...  Well spotted Dave!Edit: Ah.  Apparently Captain Carter is an "eerie vocal hook"!http://www.godbrain.ch/bcrukcd002.htmNot that I'd claim to have heard of them, but these guys are pretty new - I wonder if they used Darren's mp3 of episode one to get that sample?  That's about the only way I can think of that they could do it - it isn't on the UK compilation tapes, I don't think?  This is one to be added to the music page I think...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

Nah I ment it was on the john peel slot on wednesday night. I had a look around town today for drum and base which bad company fall under. Thing is drum and base isn't one of the highly listened styles in leicester.oh well at least thier are some musicaly talented people out thier spreading the word.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh, no, what I meant was that John Peel, the host, called it Torpedo whereas the tracklisting on the site called it Hornet - I didn't mean it was Torpedo by John Peel! From the brief search I did earlier today it seems to be a popular track for club DJs and as you say it's a drum and bass thang. I wonder how many other people actually recognise the voice sample for what it is...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Woo -- that certainly is an interesting piece!Here's the direct link to the stream if anyone is interested:http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/peel_wed.rpmThe song actually starts at 8:45.
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

with only two weeks past since hearing the track on the radio. my brother spotted Torpedo/hornet listed on THE Box, the tv music channel. so looks like we do kind of get star fleet on tv. No actual footage is show acording too my brother. ####.