Favourite Character

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

Hi Ambski, it's cool to find someone else who can fancy puppets. (I think some ordinary folk get a bit bemused by that!) I platonically like Shiro, but can see why you (and a few other girls) loved him. Were you sad, or glad, that he couldn't spend the rest of his life with Lamia?
felice

Favourite Character

Post by felice »

I seem to recall being a bit sad for Shiro when I originally watched the series. Rewatching it more recently knowing Lamia's destiny, the possibility of romance wasn't really in my mind.*sigh* I've been hanging round with slash writers too much... it now seems obvious that Shiro would turn to Barry for comfort after Lamia's departure.Jen & Kira from The Dark Crystal were also very attractive puppets.
ED 209

Favourite Character

Post by ED 209 »

So you all wanna vote for the bad girl?Personally my favourite was Captain Halley.
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Abdul

Favourite Character

Post by Abdul »

When I first watched the show a couple of decades ago, my favourite character was PPA, the android!Now though, after watching the clips on this website, my favourite character has to be Commander Makara.She's a fit-looking bird, apart from the horns and the eyepatch And the homicidal nature  After watching those clips, I'm shocked just to see what a henpecked wimp Captain Orion is!  What a wuss  
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

Is it more commendable to prefer the good guys or the bad guys? They both have their pros and cons. My love for fluffy innocent animals makes me feel Lamia is a kindred spirit. (I don't think anyone would entrust their pets to the care of the Imperial Alliance?!) But suppose I was an ardent fan of one particular football team, and had a burning, consuming hatred for the supporters of another team; every time I was reminded of those people's existence, I would then be extremely irritated by Lamia's insistence that all living things should be valued and respected! So I would want to hang out with the infinitely more rebellious, devilish Makara. (I hasten to add that in reality, I'm totally neutral where football teams are concerned; it's ALL boring.)
Crash

Favourite Character

Post by Crash »

It's interesting - I thought last night to introduce a "least favourite character" thread. I think Lamia would win my vote. What a nancy, especially in the earlier episodes. ...honestly. (Although that Orion creep would tie it as well).The fact that half the major characters died in the series makes producing a credible sequel fairly difficult - I'm kinda glad Lamia wouldn't get a big repeat performance.
Dream big and bold and daring.