Favourite Character

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Favourite Character

Post by AndyThomas »

Good question. There's a lot of doubling up, when you consider that many of the really minor characters have lines as well. I've never sat down and tried to figure out who's who, but clips of almost all of them are on SFXB now so feel free to try and map them all!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Favourite Character

Post by Bradster »

It's gotta be Barry.I mean, you just can't mess with him."He's a baaad motha-- shut yo' mouth! I'm just talking bout Barry."
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

Nah, you're not troubled; apart from her eyepatch, she's very attractive. I would be interested to see the reaction of the show's original creator (can't remember his name right now) to the fact that quite a few boys liked Makara; because I have a feeling Lamia was intended to be the heart-throb.Makara and Barry are neck-and-neck again, in the ratings!
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

Heh heh, a former (male) friend of mine said Lamia was a wuss; but he also said she was sexy, and that Makara was a bit rough for him. I like Lamia (obviously, or I wouldn't use her for my avatar), but Commander Makara is the one who really lights up the show. But in response to Messalina's question, I really do think Makara would be even better-looking if we could see both her eyes, don't you agree? But I suppose the eyepatch is a trademark, something that makes her unusual. I have never been happy about her dying, but if the good guys knew Dai-X was capable of such destruction, it's actually surprising they didn't do it much earlier.
Happosai

Favourite Character

Post by Happosai »

Talking of eyepatches, I wonder what the ladies think of another eyepatched character from a Japanese show of the same era, Captain Harlock...I gather, he's quite the favorite amongst a number of anime fangirls...! (^_^)There's some image galleries towards the bottom of this page:<http://www.dallasgothic.com/~allykatt/c ... tm>Captain Harlock was created by well-know anime and manga artists Leiji Matsumoto (probably most recently know for the Daft Punk series of videos)...he has quite a distinctive style (looks quite retro these days)...I especially like the look of his female characters...Oh, to bring this on-topic, the Manga Max SF article cites Captain Harlock as one of many influences on X Bomber.[Happosai]