Favourite Character

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Favourite Character

Post by AndyThomas »

OK, first test of the poll function, and it had to be this one really, didn't it?! I was going to include General Kyle, but I suspect there would have been a riot if I'd left Princess Keeli out of the running!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Favourite Character

Post by FZeroOne »

It has to be Makara... its the hair, I tell you...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

Makara's in the lead so far, I see; I voted for her, by the way. One of the things I don't understand about myself is why I like her, yet find Zelda so abominable. (The other strange thing about me is that regarding milkshake flavour, I prefer raspberry to strawberry, yet where real fruit is concerned, I prefer strawberries to raspberries; but that's digressing!)Barry Hercules would be pleased to see that PPA has presumably been relegated to the Other section of the poll! I notice that Keeli has one vote; if it had been judging the most attractive character, she would get my nomination, hands down, but she isn't in the show long enough to enable her to be the best personality (although someone obviously disagrees!) I can't stop wondering how she and Lamia would have got on together, if they had ever met; would they be friends or rivals? The writers missed out on a good opportunity there!
felice

Favourite Character

Post by felice »

Quote (Rachel @ 30 Jan. 2003,18:46)Makara's in the lead so far, I seeOf course 8)Quote One of the things I don't understand about myself is why I like her, yet find Zelda so abominable.They're very different characters. It's been a long time since I watched Terrahawks, but as I recall Zelda was just evil for the sake of it, whereas Makara is doing a job... it would be interesting to see what she would have been like without the Imperial Master's influence. Makara has more style, better dress sense, and is just generally cooler. Quote The other strange thing about me is that regarding milkshake flavour, I prefer raspberry to strawberry, yet where real fruit is concerned, I prefer strawberries to raspberriesAh, "fruit flavour" has nothing to do with the taste of actual fruit.Quote I can't stop wondering how she and Lamia would have got on together, if they had ever met; would they be friends or rivals? The writers missed out on a good opportunity there!I'm obviously hanging out with the wrong sort of crowd... my initial reaction to this was "well, it would make interesting Slash fanfic..." 8)
Shane

Favourite Character

Post by Shane »

Excellent. Propper Polls at last. I think Makara is the out an out favourite for this poll. A very striking image and the biggest personality of the show. I have to go for Keeli though because she is the most mysterious and leftfield character in the show. The Planet of War was a great oneshot episode which gave the main characters a breather from the main arc (Although Evil Carter does turn up just to spice his and Shiro's own personal arc up a little) and gave them a nice fairytale to particapate in. She clearly is much more cooler than Lamia, and she did have an episode dedicated to just her so she definitely deserves her place on the poll.I urge you brave soldiers of the Earth, vote Keeli. You know it makes sense. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Favourite Character

Post by Crash »

ha ha too late; its Dr Benn all the way over here I'm afraid.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

How many characters shared a voice actor? Garrick Hagon did both Carter and Halley, didn't he? And although I haven't got absolute proof, I feel almost 100% certain that Liza Ross provided Keeli's voice. And is it just my imagination, or is there a slight similarity between General Kyle's and Calliban's voices?