IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Shane

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Shane »

Now, that is a lovely cover!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Darthdc

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Darthdc »

Had an email from Fabulous Films about SFXB DVD. They have not mentioned a release date, though they have acknowledged that several online retailers have.They are going to be restoring the picture/sound quality - a great bit of news. Will be conducting interviews with SFXB creator Go Nagai this month. Any questions must be emailed to their site by 10th May. They are also interviewing Gerry Anderson on 6th May.
May the Force be with you!
AndyThomas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by AndyThomas »

Indeed - Gerry Anderson is apparently down the corridor from them at Pinewood! Apparently the masters are OK, just a bit dirty, hence the remastering work. There'll be a few other bits and bobs on the DVDs as well - Fabulous seem to be quite open about saying what's what, but I'll not say anything more - don't want to jinx it!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Jon Talpur

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Jon Talpur »

I've just read the latest bulletin as well and totally agree about what Fabulous said about the Japanese DVD set. The picture quality really is disappointing, with the episodes obviously simply being taken from a video source (the LD master?), rather than being transferred from original prints. I was hoping Fabulous would go to that extra step, and it sounds like they're doing just that!The Go Nagai and Gerry Anderson interviews should be fantastic as well, although personally I really hope they interview some of the voice actors, especially the superb Peter Marinker!
AndyThomas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by AndyThomas »

I couldn't possibly comment on that last suggestion
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
djdust

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by djdust »

Actually, I thought the Japanese DVDs looked FANTASTIC but, I've been used to my really fuzzy old ITV recordings from 1989 for years so, anything is an improvement really!! ;)
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Shane

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Shane »

Yeah, quite agree! The Japanese DVD quality is very good indeed, and you see lots of hidden details - most of the wires are visible and the colours are much richer - more so than the fuzzy UK version at any rate; You do get plenty of film scratches here and there though, which I guess is the argument for going back to the original negs and remastering from source, but anyway, check out Space Quest for F01 on the Japanese set to see just how bad Star Fleet would look on DVD with no tinkering.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
PPA

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by PPA »

Great news about the release. I seem to have been living under a rock for the past month. Just went onto the fabulous film website and after several minutes of blinking at the screen realised it was true!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent news. It just shows how much impact a few people reminissing can have on the release of an old tv show. Anyway, who's up for lobbying for a live action version to be made? Come on they have recently re-made Transformers, Wonder Woman and Battlestar Galactica (all of which were inferior to Star Fleet). A studio could also claim it as a new show as not too many people remember it. Suggested cast Dr Ben- Anthony Hopkins, Shiro- Colin Farrell, Barry- Jamie Fox, John Lee- might need help with this one, Lamia- Keira Knightley, Makara- Judge Judy, Orion- Any of the queer eye for the straight guy, guys, Kirara - Jorge Garcia. Only an idea. Don't think the cast would cost too much to assemble, anyone got a spare hundred million for actors fees? Also anyone got some more millions for the production costs etc. On reflection bad idea all round.
Crash

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Crash »

I nominate fatso from Lost for role of Lee.But not Anthony Hopkins for Dr Benn, Dr Benn's too lovely.
Dream big and bold and daring.
PPA

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by PPA »

Fatso from Lost (Jorge Garcia) is already cast Kirara.