Audio Remastering

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

Right, they've forwarded my email onto the French Amazon, so I suspect I might have to deal with someone incredibly obnoxious, not that I have any stereotypical preconceptions of course.Maybe we'll get somewhere.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jun. 05 2012,20:51)QUOTEI found that, when I tried to order the full version of Bomber X from the French Amazon; the Collector's edition in other words, Amazon told me that it simply would not deliver to my UK address.It will however allow me to get the slimline edition. The thing to realise there is that the Collectors edition has 6 discs, apparently, whereas the slim version has 4.Now, it seems likely to me that we might get the purported 4-disc version and wind up with less of the full, uncut series than we bargained for.I mean, no company is going to go to the expense of issuing a boxset on 6 discs when they could perfectly well have fitted the same content on 4 discs.So, I wrote to Amazon in the UK quoting a bunch of European Community law, and complaining how they were interfering with my fundamental freedoms as an EU citizen.I doubt it'll change anything but it might make them take notice and send me the thing.I was planning on getting both versions and sending you the best one but meh.I might end up having to get the basic one if all else fails.I can't understand how their website complained about sending the full set and was fine about sending the slimmed down version of the exact same show.What a pile of s***.It may simply be the extra two discs are filled with extras if all else. It's confusing, because this slim-case one was a re-edition and I don't think it's missing anything. The confusing thing is that the description for the collectors edition.The odd thing is this - the description amazon gives might be wrong - both when reading in the descriptions; it states for both that there're five discs. Frankly, I say we take a chance for it.http://www.amazon.fr/Bomber-....&sr=8-1It is cheaper too it seems
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

Amazon were quite helpful in getting back to me.They were explaining how it was a marketplace item and it depended on the seller as to where they would ship it to.I tried two sellers but will try the others tonight.It's interesting what you came up with about the disc quantities. I'll have a bit of a look into that tonight as well. If we find for sure that they both have the same number of discs, it might be easier to plump for the newer edition.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jun. 06 2012,12:55)QUOTEAmazon were quite helpful in getting back to me.They were explaining how it was a marketplace item and it depended on the seller as to where they would ship it to.I tried two sellers but will try the others tonight.It's interesting what you came up with about the disc quantities. I'll have a bit of a look into that tonight as well. If we find for sure that they both have the same number of discs, it might be easier to plump for the newer edition.I really doubt a re-issued version would lack anything the collector's edition does.The DVD cover on the re-issue is pretty awesome too!
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

Well, whatever to them - there are now 2 copies of the re-issue version on their way because I wanted one as well.If the quality isn't what it should be or it's missing bits - I'll order the other one.You're absolutely right about the cover, mind.

Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jun. 06 2012,21:39)QUOTEWell, whatever to them - there are now 2 copies of the re-issue version on their way because I wanted one as well.If the quality isn't what it should be or it's missing bits - I'll order the other one.You're absolutely right about the cover, mind.Well I feel pretty confident that they'd be the same, but we'll see
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

We should be fine. They've been shipped alright today, according to my email.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jun. 07 2012,19:32)QUOTEWe should be fine. They've been shipped alright today, according to my email.Alright, naturally let me know when you send one my way!
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

Oh yes, they haven't made their way across the channel to me yet.I'll let you know
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

They may have tried to deliver it on Saturday.'Working' 7 days in a row. Will collect it tomorrow morning from the depot. They're open from 7am, I think.