Revamp Puppets

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Revamp Puppets

Post by Bladez636 »

This is something I came to notice while watching the series. Similar to what "Thunderbirds" or "Captain Scarlet", "Star Fleet" seemed to reuse puppets for different characters.... But since "Star Fleet" didn't have as big a budget as the former and the latter, it seems to reuse them a lot more.... Of course we don't really see many human characters for most of the series.... Other than the main cast...This one seemed to get the most use, playing up to three characters in the first episode.1. EDF Situation Officer - Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 23, 242. Pluto Base Missile Operator - Episode 13. Pluto Base Astro Fighter Pilot #1 (The chin and the shape of the eyes through the shield seems to tell you) - Episode 24. Ocean Patrol Pilot #2 (I actually thought they went and reused Dr. Benn's puppet at first, but closer inspection and the chin and eye shape again let you know) - Episode 2Yeah... There's no misidentifying this guy....1. EDF Operator - Episode 22. Callinean Advisor - Episode 20, 21This puppet's mouth flap is kinda distinctive.... I thought he was also the Communications Officer at EDF but the eyes on that guy are a little more wide, has a more cross expression and tanner skin.1. Pluto Base Communications Officer - Episode 1, 52. Ocean Patrol Fleet Pilot Leader - Episode 23. Skull Crewmember - Episode 16, 20, 21, 23, 24Not terribly sure on this one, but the nose shape seems similar... Funny how it seems Carter's crew becomes Halley's....1. Pluto Base Officer - Episode 12. Skull Crew Member - Episode 16, 20, 21, 23, 24Not certain on this one.... But the eye shape seems to be the same from what I can tell...1. Pluto Astro Fighter Pilot - Episode 12. Callinean King - Episode 20, 21There's more but these guys are the most notable... Why did I research this? I run my Supermarionation site and have a section on this sort of thing http://supermarionationworld.webs.com/t ... .htmThanks to Crash for Japanese screengrabs.... Pain in the ass to look though on Windows 7 but still did the job...

Zordon

Revamp Puppets

Post by Zordon »

nice one.If you look on shanes website theres some pictures of unused puppets. one of them being a bearded fat EDF officer.in this one you can see two characters that didn't show up in the series. maybe these have become inspiration for a few of us in the fan fic section.I shall call the big guy Tubby Jenkins and the woman, Boobie Mayhoy

Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bladez636

Revamp Puppets

Post by Bladez636 »

I've spotted them in the series actually.... You just never get a really good look at the two puppets. You have to take a close look within the series.... The best look of the fat guy is in episode 23 and in the first episode you see the two puppets walking together....Part of me wonders if that female puppet may have been used as the Callinean Queen..... The face looks similar

Crash

Revamp Puppets

Post by Crash »

What's the problem in Windows 7?You can just unzip the files and your OS will thumbnail them for you etc.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Revamp Puppets

Post by Vanessa »

Thank you for this, a well researched and interesting post
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Revamp Puppets

Post by Shane »

A very nice little article.It often crossed my mind when watching the series that there were a few re-used puppets here and there; great to have someone write about it.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bladez636

Revamp Puppets

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 12 2011,18:13)QUOTEWhat's the problem in Windows 7?You can just unzip the files and your OS will thumbnail them for you etc.Not a problem more than an inconvenience.... It's just a list of the files that shows... Not any thumbnail shows, so I gotta go through and look at a lot of them instead of picking the one I want
Crash

Revamp Puppets

Post by Crash »

If you unzip them into a normal folder (ie. not a zip file), you can change the view if you click the button with the dropdown list arrow near the top-right of the monitor. It's left of the blue question mark circle thing.If you click the arrow you can drag the slider that pops up and change how the page displays.You can get all sizes of thumbnail that way although you'll have to wait a few seconds for the system to thumbnail them.
Dream big and bold and daring.