RIP Al Matthews

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

RIP Al Matthews

Post by Bladez636 »

https://www.nme.com/news/film/al-matthe ... 75-2382913

Not long after learning that Jacob Within died; now we've lost a 3rd voice actor.
RIP Caliban / Professor Hagen.
Crash

Re: RIP Al Matthews

Post by Crash »

Wow, those were two quite different voices from one guy.
Dream big and bold and daring.
cpltony16

Post by cpltony16 »

Resurrecting an old thread, but having met Al Matthews due to his role in Aliens, I only learned he voiced Star Fleet a few months ago.

When I met him in London back in 2007 I was on a mission to confirm for my friend that he was uncredited in Spies Like Us.
He indeed was. But to know he was uncredited in Star Fleet breaks my heart. I missed out telling him how much I love the show.

Jay Benedict is another one, but never got to meet him.
I saw Mark Rolston was in Tulsa a few months ago so made the short drive up there.
Also got to email Constance Gregory to thank him for his work shortly after.
Sadly when a show gets to this age...those who made it real for us just aren't going to be around much longer :(
Crash

Post by Crash »

I was thinking about this the other day.
It must be a great sadness to their families that a lot of actors from the shows our childhood are no longer around, and it's disappointing for the fans as well.

But at the same time, these people worked on a lot of projects (Star Fleet is just one example) that will live on for a very long time.
With Star Fleet, 40+ years on, people are remastering the show and upscaling it and working on projects related to it.

So, for one thing, I hope they find themselves in a better place than here, and for those of us who are here, they've left us with a lot of enjoyment that will outlive them by a long stretch.
Dream big and bold and daring.