Introducing: Star Fleet wiki

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

http://star-fleet.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fleet_WikiI wanted to do this for a long while, please feel free to help anywhere you can.I'd gladly allow people such as Crash and Vanessa become admins along with me.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Congratulations on this, I tried this some time ago but Dreamhost's servers didn't seem adequate to running MediaWiki, which is the de-facto Wiki software, very quickly.The only thing I would say about Wikia is that there are a lot of adverts on it and the database that is assembled will probably never be yours to download and 'own'.I'll contribute what I can to this. I hope this attracts people to the series.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

I don't have the space or the want to really download and 'own' it anyhow.Right now, I've really been working on Guides and Voice Actor/Crew pages, not sure why them instead of the characters but I am...It was difficult on some like Peter Marinker, Louis Elman, Paul Bliss etc. to dig up some info...

Crash

Post by Crash »

I was having a look at them - very impressive.I'll try and expand it in different directions if I can find some time.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Anyone who can figure out the birthdates of Liza Ross and Jacob Witkin, that'd be a great help. I've had difficulties finding Peter Marinker's but I found it somewhere. I was able to deduce Lewis Elman's from his Facebook as his posts are publicWhat I've figured out:Witkin: ??/??/1938Ross: ??/??/1941

Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Liza Ross is again appearing at the Memorabilia show at the Birmingham NEC nect month, along with hubby Garrick Hagon.So, thanks for the details on the missing episode (Makara's Promotion). I wonder what messed up clips they were to show in that episode?
May the Force be with you!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Darthdc @ Oct. 16 2013,16:36)QUOTELiza Ross is again appearing at the Memorabilia show at the Birmingham NEC nect month, along with hubby Garrick Hagon.So, thanks for the details on the missing episode (Makara's Promotion). I wonder what messed up clips they were to show in that episode?Well if anyone can ask her for that info then I guess..Watch my remaster of Episode 18 here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video....edit_tv
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Could you try subbing it?
May the Force be with you!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Darthdc @ Oct. 17 2013,09:04)QUOTECould you try subbing it?I have a friend doing that, he did Japanese Episodes 1-2 for me, he's been busy however. He has Episodes 3, 18 and Pilot to sub for my project
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hello all, it's been a while. I came across Wikias a while back and my new host supports the media wiki if anyone wants to do anything with one. If I were to start again now I dare say this is how I'd approach it, the tools just didn't exist back then. I've also just started playing with Joomla, a CMS, for my son's PTA oddly enough. Smart stuff. Thing is, SFXB works it's just painful to try and update. This forum has always been the most dynamic tool going. I could switch it, but there's a lot of history here and it seems transferring it to a current system is beyond my capabilities. I shall have a look at this wiki, I've been moving house and it's ridiculously time consuming! Is there not anything in my actors section that would assist?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator