Introducing: Star Fleet wiki

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(AndyThomas @ Nov. 08 2013,22:46)QUOTEHello all, it's been a while. I came across Wikias a while back and my new host supports the media wiki if anyone wants to do anything with one. If I were to start again now I dare say this is how I'd approach it, the tools just didn't exist back then. I've also just started playing with Joomla, a CMS, for my son's PTA oddly enough. Smart stuff. Thing is, SFXB works it's just painful to try and update. This forum has always been the most dynamic tool going. I could switch it, but there's a lot of history here and it seems transferring it to a current system is beyond my capabilities. I shall have a look at this wiki, I've been moving house and it's ridiculously time consuming! Is there not anything in my actors section that would assist?Hey Andy,Glad you like the idea. But I myself would love to keep the site, but that's me-and part of why I want to see it still is because of its history and it has its charm from seeing screenshots from archived VHS Tapes and recollections based on some scenes.I've referred to your actor profiles for a lot of the actors roles, but as far as that it didn't help. I have had fruitless attempts at discovering Jacob Witkin's birthdate-not sure if it's just not out there or if he doesn't want it known. I was able to find he was born in 1938 in South Africa, it's also interesting that the Imperial Master seems to be his only voice acting role.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Indeed, you can't save your hosting charges just yet.At the same time, a Star Fleet Wiki, hosted centrally is very democratic.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

To those who are aware of the wikia, I'm still working on it, rather slowly. No character pages up, but two episode pages ---- I've mostly been working on the Voice Actor pages, because I'm better at editing on things like that.I got the first episode page done here: http://star-fleet.wikia.com/wiki/Scramb ... rAnalyzing the end credits for the Japanese dub: I realized that there are two other Japanese voice actors that slipped the radar. I had a hard time finding the kanji characters to figure out their identities -- but I figured out that there were separate voice actors for Numbers 1 and 2 (or Officers A and B in Japan). They were Hideyuki Tanaka and Masaharu Satō.