X-Bomber crashland sound

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

Specifically the ones used when X-Bomber is shot down in Episode 1, and it's used a lot later on in the series. I'm always searching for this sound in other media-the most I could get of it in the clear is the ending bit of it from Episode 9. It has to appear in some other media-given "Star Fleet" has sounds taken straight off of "Space: 1999" episodes; "The Last Enemy" and "Space Warp" - it's not unlikely the rest are from other 1970's-early 80's British sci-fi series.If not, then go further and think if you've heard any of the Pluto Base Lasers, Imperial Battlecruiser and Fighter laser sounds in other productions (excluding Gerry Anderson's "Space Police" pilot).It's been annoying me for the past 3 years now.

Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

It's quite a distinctive sound, like a screeching, crashing sound.I can't help but feel that I've heard it somewhere before but I'm only fairly good at recognising music.I'll try and keep an ear out though.I was watching a great deal of power rangers and was thinking how good some of the weapons and sound effects were.Seeing as you'd picked up on Star Fleet's effects so keenly, I wondered if you knew any way of getting at some of the more exotic sounds from Power Rangers.A big ask but ... you never know.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 13 2013,11:00)QUOTEIt's quite a distinctive sound, like a screeching, crashing sound.I can't help but feel that I've heard it somewhere before but I'm only fairly good at recognising music.I'll try and keep an ear out though.I was watching a great deal of power rangers and was thinking how good some of the weapons and sound effects were.Seeing as you'd picked up on Star Fleet's effects so keenly, I wondered if you knew any way of getting at some of the more exotic sounds from Power Rangers.A big ask but ... you never know.I'm guessing it must be off some 70's-early 80's sci-fi series, given that I identified many of the sounds in "Star Fleet" coming right off of "Space: 1999" sound effect tracks.I identified they were taken at least off of these episodes from "Space: 1999":"The Last Enemy""The Metamorph""One Moment of Humanity""The AB Chrysalis""Space Warp"I also figure that Tony Lenny must have worked on Gerry Anderson's "Space Police" pilot from 1986 as it used the explosion sequence from "Space: 1999"s "The Last Enemy" and as a matter of fact in one scene seemed to use sounds from "Star Fleet" - the door motor sound effect from the Japanese version that was used in most every episode in the English dub.I never much cared for "Power Rangers", but I might help you out when I feel free to
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

Yes, I noticed that between the Japanese version and English, some sound effects were different but many were unchanged.I particularly like the really searing, screeching sound for X-Bomber's wingtip guns that features when they escape from the volcano planet.I didn't like Power Rangers much until I decided to download it to refresh my memory.Then I was totally hooked.
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 15 2013,01:04)QUOTEYes, I noticed that between the Japanese version and English, some sound effects were different but many were unchanged.I particularly like the really searing, screeching sound for X-Bomber's wingtip guns that features when they escape from the volcano planet.I didn't like Power Rangers much until I decided to download it to refresh my memory.Then I was totally hooked.I do believe those Wingtip gun sounds were edited from the X-Impulse sound effect.
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

You're right. The 'laser torpedo' sound does play at the start of the X-Impulse firing when the lever is first pulled and the emitters light up.Then you get this charging, accumulating sound and a lot of explosions.When I get the Unity Project complete, I'm gonna hit X-Bomber with a lot of work on its sounds.Would I be right in saying that, your sound effects pack that I have has the laser torpedo sounds and maybe the rear-lasers etc.?
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 15 2013,14:46)QUOTEYou're right. The 'laser torpedo' sound does play at the start of the X-Impulse firing when the lever is first pulled and the emitters light up.Then you get this charging, accumulating sound and a lot of explosions.When I get the Unity Project complete, I'm gonna hit X-Bomber with a lot of work on its sounds.Would I be right in saying that, your sound effects pack that I have has the laser torpedo sounds and maybe the rear-lasers etc.?It's possible to edit it from the sounds in the pack, but I don't have it specifically. I can easily whip it up for you. The beginning is from X-Impulse and the tail of it is from the end of the laser sound used on the Imperial Battlecruiser and Drone Craft...I need to do a revamped version of the SFX pack because I've gotten more since the last time...
Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

That would be very kind of you. I would appreciate that a great deal.My initial checklist is the X-Bomber weapons; Laser torpedoes, neck lasers, X-Impulse, rear guns etc.I think I prefer the sounds from the turrets played in the Japanese version. They sound more like machine guns there.
Bladez636

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Bladez636 »

Crash

X-Bomber crashland sound

Post by Crash »

Very much to my liking, thanks a lot! Any others you could send my way would be very much appreciated as well.So, where did these sounds come from? Did you manage to find an archive of them that was used in a range of shows?