Remastering Progress

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

While I'm still waiting on the Remastered Japanaese DVD's (not sure how much help they can be) - I've been working with what I've got so far. I've been editing for about 2 weeks now-I'm on episode 18 now.I feel frustrated with the trailer scenes - I've found while editing they used different, yet similar looking takes of various scenes it seems - I've been editing using Adobe Premiere to remaster.The pain of it-is matching the colors to look at least similar to the original ones.Even worse is that the Japanese trailers have Japanese titles over the first and last scene of the trailers so I have to take the 16mm English footage - which in the end result looks horrible compared to the 35mm Japanese footage. I have no idea if the remastered Japanese DVD will be of any help. I at first assumed for instance the end scene of Episode 18 was the one used in the episode-it was a different angle - thus I had to use the English version. Here's the comparison between the original and color adjusted-it should be fairly clear:And to give you a scale of comparison; this is the one I did from the trailer of the missing Episode 18.I've become rather a videophile during the progress of this project-some may not notice or care much, but it bugs meIt's better, but still pretty awful looking there..Other than that-the results look pretty good I suppose.

Crash

Remastering Progress

Post by Crash »

I can pretty-well guarantee that the new Japanese discs will be of little-to-no help.I know I said this elsewhere but the quality of the new discs is really underwhelming.It's better than the UK 2009 version but worse than the Japanese 2004 version.I figure the French DVDs are no help because they don't have the "next episode" segments. It's a shame because the colours on those discs are very bright and appealing.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Remastering Progress

Post by Bladez636 »

Just so everyone knows:Remastering rendering will be delayed.My last dog Piper just died of a disc disease and I'm in no state to continue on right now.
Crash

Remastering Progress

Post by Crash »

I'm sorry to hear that, that can't have been easy for you or it.That doesn't sound nice.All the same, I'll try and get you the closing credits from the remaster discs when I get a moment to really sit down and do it.
Dream big and bold and daring.