Thalian Space Wars

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Thalian Space Wars

Post by Bladez636 »

I have a question to put out there. Does anyone on this forum have a bootleg DVD burn or something of "The Thalian Space Wars" or a VHS ripper .etcPart of it is curiosity's sakes, other is that I have plans. "Space Quest for F-01" is on the Japanese DVD's so I've access to it (albeit it being slowed down by 4 frames). I tried ordering a bootleg from some UK B movie site, but it doesn't seem like that will be working for me...
FZeroOne

Thalian Space Wars

Post by FZeroOne »

Twenty years ago that would have been such an easy one to solve...! Only thing I can recommend is haunting second-hand shops and the like - theres a place in Reading near the railway station that has all kinds of SF-related items (including an Airwolf colouring book!) and which has a collection of similar VHS tapes; unfortunately I don't know the name of the place as I've only been in there once.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Bladez636

Thalian Space Wars

Post by Bladez636 »

(FZeroOne @ Jun. 05 2013,19:18)QUOTETwenty years ago that would have been such an easy one to solve...!   Only thing I can recommend is haunting second-hand shops and the like - theres a place in Reading near the railway station that has all kinds of SF-related items (including an Airwolf colouring book!) and which has a collection of similar VHS tapes; unfortunately I don't know the name of the place as I've only been in there once.How times have changed eh? For the better given that they were incomplete and we now have the DVD.The compilation film used to be on YouTube from late 2008 to early 2012 before Fabulous Films took the bloody hatchet to it. I have yet to find anyone who archived it with a YouTube downloader. Even so, If I'm using it, I'd probably want one with less of a compression rate and a 480p resolution. The one on YouTube was probably a 280p or 360p one, I don't rememberI live in the states so really that doesn't help here.

FZeroOne

Thalian Space Wars

Post by FZeroOne »

Ah, sorry, didn't realise you were in the US.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.