How would you go about getting the REMASTER DVDs?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Post by Crash »

It is a teeny, tiny bit different but I see no improvement.I'm ripping that title on the disc now. I'll up it when it's ready.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Upload complete.I suggest using the green download button at the top-right.The Flash Player doesn't seem to want to play this particular MP4 file.I tried to rip it with Handbrake but it couldn't seem to deal with the disc's copy protection.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?path=S....iew.mp4
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jul. 10 2013,09:02)QUOTEUpload complete.I suggest using the green download button at the top-right.The Flash Player doesn't seem to want to play this particular MP4 file.I tried to rip it with Handbrake but it couldn't seem to deal with the disc's copy protection.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?path=S....iew.mp4Now this must be the true pilot episode.My God, this is just amazing to see and especially so to see it in DVD quality.It's amazing the differences and then smack on see some that are the same-mainly the Pluto base ships being blown to bits and some of the interior shots during takeoff. Then some of the scenes we end up seeing in Episode 9 and 13 and Hercules and Lee's launch close ups in Episode 19Really weird to see PPA with no arms, or without his pincher. I didn't think PPA's Japanese voice could be anymore annoying-but they managed it Lamia's puppet also looks different-but from behind the scene pics we've seen it.The Imperial Master was interesting as well-just being that still animation on the screen and how different he looksAlso seeing the door say "X-001" - it makes me guess that X-Bomber was supposed to be a fleet then.Now I've got that scene of Dai-X to use for my own remastering project as it was seen in the intro and end credits
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Also,It seems Mary and the Master both have different voice actors than in the seriesI'm surprised at how clean the footage is on that-it looks as clean as the French DVDGod-some of the sound effects I hear in this are used in a god awful movie (as lampooned on mst3k) named "Monster A-Go-Go" -even cheesier ones than the Japanese ones used as a matter of fact they were used in the FOX Kids redubs of "Thunderbirds"
Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanks for the upload, Crash. Great to see. Very odd to see PPA without his pincers though and he's a sort of R2D2 for Shiro in this pilot episode as he appears behind him in the cockpit of Braincom (have a production photo of this on my site).The Makara/Imperial Master scene is way more reminiscent of Gatchaman too.A good pilot in that it does encapsulate the show in 15 mins.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Shane, you know the lossless screengrabs that you upped to the X-Archive?http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20Fl ... osslessCan you say what was the source of those images was? The 1024x768 resolution is way higher than any of the DVDs and Laserdisc resolution is normally only 400 lines or so.The quality of them is really good too. I figure you couldn't have just upscaled them in Photoshop.
Shane

Post by Shane »

They originate from the 2002 Dvd boxset.The key was to find good clear static images and then I just print screened them.The only processing I did was to alter the brightness and contrast a little. I think the video quality, while good, really would have benefited from this kind of tweaking at the mastering stage.
Shane

Post by Shane »

It would be really good to see a side by side comparison of the various dvd releases, Japanese, UK, French, Japanese Remaster.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jul. 11 2013,23:40)QUOTEDo you mean like this?: http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20FleetI think he means more or less, video side by side comparison than image.I have a question. Are there anything else on the DVD in terms of special features?