New Set photos found there was huge x bomber

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
imperial fleet

Post by imperial fleet »

Hello All,Ive just purchased 1980s sci-fi japanesse magazine featuring 3 pages of the production set of starfleet,its amazing,people have allways said there was a room size x bomber but we had ni proof but we do now.One of the photos shows show huge x bomber, looks like it was the first launch scene with the production crew standing in front of it,they look like ants compaired to the size of it,also theres fantastic frontal shot of the alliance battlecruiser,again its huge,looks like te model used in the opening section,plus many more of lamia being tied to spiders web with the imperial soldiers being put into place.Ill send any jpeg copies of these,as youve never seen these before
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Look forward to seeing them! I've always wondered what information was available in Japanese publications at the time...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

When I heard this description it rang some bells, and I must admit, rather shamefacedly, that I've had these images for a while. They come from two separate sources, one from Japan, the other from a fan in France who also sent in some additional images. They're big so I've just linked to them for you. Sorry, I should have done something with them at the time but life is very busy at the moment. Mark, if you want to send your versions in they might be useful because I know some of these are a little out of order and may not be the full set.Both double pagesSingle pageSingle pageSingle pageSingle pageSingle pageSingle pageSingle pageAs Mark (Imperial Fleet) has pointed out, there are some interesting shots in there, and some of the images are reminiscent of those Toru Kubo sent over:Toru Kubo articleDid Big Dai X have some more material like this? I've got images that I don't think were sent to me that include more behind the scenes shots...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Great shots! I can't help but wonder what happened to the Dai-X prop; I know it was probably destroyed but if it does need a home, well, I'm sure I can do withoput a bed at home...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

just curious, did Toru ever drop any more messages (not that you'd have them waiting for ages in your "todo" folder andy ;) )Would it be acceptable to drop him a note see how he's doing and find out if he found anything new, peoples mind slip when they are busy.I'm cursious as re-reading his messages he seemed a pretty helpful guy who was keen to share information.