New mention for everyones favourite villainess!

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Anime author Helen McCarthy has released a new book, "500 Manga Heroes & Villains". Our beloved Commander Makaras gets an entry, sneaking in on a technicality - apparently there was a X-Bomber manga in Japan, by Eiichi Sato. Or perhaps she just parked the ol' Giant Catfish of Death outside Helens office... Incidentally, is the discovery of a X-Bomber manga a "new" fact, Andy?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

Post by Shane »

First of all, How do everyone. Second of all, I actually saw the book you speak of in Waterstones the other day. I'm wondering if the French Bomber X comics are actually the translated Manga comics from Japan.I have a couple of the French comics, and apart from the fact they are actually drawn in a Manga style, all of the characters names are derived from the Japanese series: X Bomber, rather than using their Bomber X names. For example, Shiro Hagen is called Shiro Ginga in the series: X Bomber and indeed in the French comic, but in the French tv series, he's called Cyril.Helen's book states that their were only two comic versions, the awesome LookIn strips and a Manga.So the French comic being a translated Manga is a definite possibility.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

From what I remember there was a few of the mangas floating around a Japanese doujinshi site a while back.I'll see if I can dig up the addy later.It's the very same Manga shown in the manga max article.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote (Shane @ 28 Feb. 2006,16:26)I'm wondering if the French Bomber X comics are actually the translated Manga comics from Japan.I have a couple of the French comics, and apart from the fact they are actually drawn in a Manga style, all of the characters names are derived from the Japanese series:Its a definite possibility; I understand France has had a manga "scene" longer than the UK. Zordon, I skimmed through the Manga Max article but didn't see the manga reference, but it was a quick scan so I must have missed it.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.