Site Feedback Please

A forum for discussion of Crash's retro-style arcade game based on Star Fleet
Crash

Site Feedback Please

Post by Crash »

Well, my search has been hit amidships. I finally found out that succeeded with the GDL so I spent a few days trying to get onto the LPC that started at the beginning of September but they'd released the results too late, really.I've also been selling my house. That's nearly complete by the look of it but of course nothing's easy in Scotland.I've also been quite unwell. Now that all these things are finally settled my migraines caught up with me. So I had 3 in 3 days. That was nice.I seem to have a million little things going on with my site and the game - too many really.I think I'll have to generate a shortlist and just work 2 or 3 of them at a time, lol.I dunno what's happened to your Rating Bar. I don't even know how it works.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Site Feedback Please

Post by Vanessa »

Oh, sorry to hear about the LPC. What a shambles they are!Selling your house can be quite stressful, so I hope it all works out for you.You have my sympathies over migraines, they can often hit you when you're a bit under the weather I find, as I can really suffer from intensely bad ones. It's that feeling of panic when they just won't subside, and it feels like your head is going to explode or something, I hate 'em
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Site Feedback Please

Post by Crash »

That's exactly it. It's not just the pain sensation. It really is the panic that sets on when it wears your mental discipline down and just that disgusting feeling it gives you. I used to get more when I was younger, about 3 per week but people just took it as an excuse to get off sports.I'm on take-daily preventers. Pizotifen is pretty good but it can have pretty strong side-effects because it was originally meant as an anti-depressant. You can also get Imigran on prescription or over the counter (more expensively) to take care of them but you can't drive afterwards. The feeling is quite psychadelic because it shrinks all the blood vessels back down to normal size. The pain goes alright but you still feel very woozy.I don't know about you but I find that tea is very good for it. It has a very strong effect on preventing the swelling of the blood vessels.Alcohol is something I really have to avoid. It's not the alcohol itself but other things in wines and beers that relax the blood vessels.I think that as I'm gradually leaving them behind though as I get older.I'm working on the game just now, trying to get WingBlade working again as part of the engine itself so that you can opt to play it in whatever Mission, not just number 9.The player WingBlade uses the same object that serves as the Dai-X special weapon function. It just has two blocks of code; one for player ship and one for non-player Dai-X add-on/weapon/wingman.Unfortunately, they seem to be interfering with eachother quite a bit. They don't know when to cut in and when not to. I think I've got it sorted more-or-less now.I also need to do a lot of work to redo WingBlade's instruments so that they work with the new HUD design.I noticed your member rating had gone up to four and then I found out how to give you an extra boost.I don't know which asshat voted you down to a 3 or whatever. I wonder whether it might have been one of the spammers.
Shane

Site Feedback Please

Post by Shane »

Sorry to hear about the migraines, Crash. I used to have them when I was younger and they are no fun at all.I voted Vanessa back up to 4 yesterday (with a 5 rating), but the rating system seems to work on an average of all votes received, so some sod (either human or bot) must have thrown a spanner in the works somewhere. Pointless!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Site Feedback Please

Post by Crash »

If this were my server, I'd go into the database and rewrite the value back to 5 in PHPMySQL, (hint hint), lol.I noticed that I was actually working on an outdated backup of X-Bomber last night. So I had to merge across all my changes with the 'actual' most recent file.The reason I did that is that Windows 7's Start Menu gives you the option to open what it *thinks* is the most recent file you opened with the program that you're about to run.But all it is is the most recent file that was opened from Windows Explorer, not from within the program itself, which is a bit confusing.I found a way to simplify the powerup code quite a bit today without breaking it and the WingBlade ship is coming along really well.
Vanessa

Site Feedback Please

Post by Vanessa »

Ho ho, it seems I'm now at 4.33 or somesuch LOL!I guess that if the rating system works on a average, and goes to 2dp, it's not likely to ever get back to 5.<chortle>Funny, talking about migraines in this thread, I got a killer one a day or so later, it kinda wiped the rest of that day out.Another exciting few hours lying down in a darkened room, with a damp flannel over my eyes.I sure could do with growing out of 'em.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Site Feedback Please

Post by Crash »

It's obviously the spambots that are messing with your rating.I wrote a little comments system for my little X-Bomber blog, which I knocked together in PHP. Within a couple of days we had the spambots adding things, so I firstly I stopped them from leaving the Username blank and then I put in a hidden field that a normal user wouldn't really be able to change (because the spambots normally fill-out every field to be sure) and I haven't had a single spam comment since (although I haven't had any real ones either, lol).I was very naughty a few months ago during my exams.I've been taking pizotifen every day as a preventer and I took myself off again because I wanted to be as sharp as possible.I've put myself back on and I haven't had one in about a month, despite having had a really bad cold last week (which always triggers them 'cos of inflammation).I would ask your doctor about Imigran as well - you can even get in over the counter (but it costs a lot that way).You just take it as a one-off to get rid of them. I just keep a packet in my wallet.