X-Archive Successfully Updated

A forum for discussion of Crash's retro-style arcade game based on Star Fleet
Crash

Post by Crash »

1GB? That must be a mobile internet thing right?Well, I'm sorry to say the server had a terminal sense-of-humour-failure when it tried to make a thumbnail out of it.I think that server is actually a number of pocket-calculators connected with chickenwire.Anyway, I shrank it a little to make it more browsable and stuff and it looks pretty good.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaYou can get at the original here though: http://www.xbomber.co.uk/files/X-Bomber ... Resize.jpg
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

Cool Poster. Slightly off-topic but:Nuff said.
Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

I remember this one. It was called Razor, right? And this was your one?Fantastic design.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

This was my favourite robot. I only used to watch the show but Razer IMHO was the best robot out there and the design is just amazing.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Yes, Razer was certainly a very well crafted machine.It was one of my favourites too, along with Hypnodisc.I do remember that Chaos 2 did occasionally beat both of these by flipping them out of the ring.But it was great to see Razer totally crush an opponent, or Hypnodisc smash one to bits Simply flipping them out of the ring was effective, but a lot less satisfying to watch.The 1GB limit is 'my' allowance for mobile broadband per month. It costs £10 for 1GB on PAYG, and I try not to spend any more than that a month, although it's a limit I set myself. You can buy as much as you want if you have the dough. Normally the 1GB/£10 deal does me fine for one month's internet activities.Thank you greatly for uploading both the large and small sizes of the Poster scan.It looks great, and it's fun to see what Termoid feet look like! LOL!Your server description made me chuckle So, they've upgraded the string to chicken wire eh...?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well, that's the thing! The uniforms of the characters are brilliant but you never get a good look because they never stand/get shown full-length to avoid Thunderbirds floaty-walk syndrome.I love General Kyle's flashy trousers.Why do you do it all on your phone? If you paid £10 to a decent provider ontop of line-rental you could probably just about get unlimited broadband with O2 for example.If you have your mobile with them, you get a £10/mo discount on their broadband anyway.I don't work for O2 (or anyone at the moment) I just happen to be with them and I sometimes notice the odd really good deal.What did that robot use to power its claw? Was it compressed gas or a motor?I remember mine cost < £100 to build from stuff no-one wanted and it was (thankfully) all electric. I remember some used CO2 for self-righting as well as weapons-power. Mine had the benefit of running both ways. It just had a huge, green, dayglo arrow on top and bottom to show which way it would go when you pressed forward on the controls.

Shane

Post by Shane »

I've been sharing a house-mate's broadband for a while now; which has been fab, but she's moving out at the end of the month and so I will be back on the mobile internet again soon, like Vanessa.I used to spend £15 a month for 3GB mobile internet, which isn't particularly good value considering I've been paying £10 a month for unlimited broadband since my current house-mate's been here.I've tried to get an internet connection before, but you have to deal with so much BS from the major companies who blatantly lie and try to get you on long term contracts, that I'm happy with the mobile alternative; even though it's not great value.The Star Fleet puppets were beautiful and the stock images found on Vanessa's poster and magazine articles from the time really show this. I agree - General Kyle does indeed look rather dapper in his dancing trousers.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

Razer was hydraulically powered which was pretty impressive considering its small form factor. I was never a fan of Hypnodisc tbh. O2 broadband is very good and I've been with them for ages but you'll never get Lady V to switch over as she's only just made the switch from a steam driven 56k modem.  

Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

The other option Shane would be Plusnet. No contract and £7 per month.It really does depend if your mobile broadband is truly mobile as the amount they charge isn't great and the speed is slow even on HDSP.I could never live on 1GB per month.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look into that.Yeah, I'm not sure I could go back to 3GB a month; I downloaded that much only last night!My old mobile broadband was very slow and would cut out a lot, although it was very useful when I used to visit my folks who don't have a computer.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!