Imagevue Updated

A forum for discussion of Crash's retro-style arcade game based on Star Fleet
Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

X-Bomber's site's Gallery software has been updated to the latest version. I woulda done this sooner as the old version was the original released version and now quite old. Except that Imagevue software is supposed to be paid for   Anyhoo - it seems to represent a major speed increase, like I expected, as the previous one was getting quite pedestrian.  I overwrote the config file so I quickly set it up again - if you notice anything not set up right - or whatever do let me know if you find the time!I also uploaded some of my pictures I made when building my Akatsuki Gundam in 1/100.: http://www.xbomber.co.uk/iv/#/content/C ... katsuki/By the way - have a look at the new Coppermine Gallery that should hopefully sort out Dave's disk-space problem.It's basically gonna be a scrapbook where everyone can upload Star Fleet images (and other files as well). I managed to find a decent theme for it and get it working properly. http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchive/

Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Great! I was thinking about doing exactly this earlier this week, but you beat me to the punch. So, I've registered (as "Brad"), and just dropped in a few illustrations of the Star Fleet logo. I'll grab some of my 3D stills and put them in too.It looks like registered users like myself can only upload to our own user gallery and not to the main galleries, right? Is it possible to reference an image in multiple galleries? Would it make sense, for example, to have my 3D stills both in my "user" gallery and in the "Fanwork" > "Models - CGI" category? I'm not sure if Coppermine supports that level of functionality, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Zordon

Imagevue Updated

Post by Zordon »

yeah crash sorted that out now so you should be able to select the folders and just update
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Ah, yes, it looks like I have more organizing options now... thanks Zordon!It's mostly there, but it seems that not all of the categories/albums are configured the same. I have a few logos I'd like to drop into, well, the Logos album, but I seem to be able to put images everywhere *except* there! D'oh!
Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

Thank you very much guys for some AMAZING submissions. Hopefully many other users will find it all as intriguing as I do!Thou art now "superusers" with 50megs of space.I played on with the settings and now people can upload to any of the albums, not just their own and they can modify / delete / move any image that they've already uploaded (or will upload in the future).  The program had that turned off by default for safety and finding it was not easy, lol.PS: Oh, sorry I missed the Logo folder out for some reason - you should be able to use that in a second - sorry!PS2.: The software is quite good and has lots of options but sadly I don't think it can list the same file in 2 different locations.

Shane

Imagevue Updated

Post by Shane »

Great stuff. a few things there I haven't seen before.Gosh sakes, this place was dead 6 months ago, now everythings gone mental.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Zordon

Imagevue Updated

Post by Zordon »

tell me about it i found a whole heap of stuff just toady that i've not seen at all even though i've searched the net for like 10 years. I think something big is a coming. all the signs point to new merchandise me thinks
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, I pilfered through my old hard drive and uploaded a bunch of stuff over the weekend too, and spent time making some new stuff (namely the logos). The gallery is shaping up pretty nicely so far! I have a bunch of 3D renders and tons of screenshot of the show (376 in this one folder I have here, for instance), but I'm trying to be very selective and choose only the very best to upload.
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

I didn't do a whole lot of Star Fleet stuff this weekend, but I did make and upload an illustration of the X-Bomber crew patch to the gallery. And a question for Crash: did you at some point change the image thumbnailing options in Coppermine to not create PNG files? Some of the earlier files I uploaded as transparent PNGs got thumbnails also generated as transparent PNGs, but newer uploads instead get thumbnails generated as JPGs.For example, one of my earliest uploads got this nice transparent PNG thumbnail:But my latest upload got this opaque, pixellated JPG thumbnail:

Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

I think I've fixed it - don't worry I'll get rid of this pic - I just wanted to upload something to test it that was in the right format.The thumbnail has a PNG extension and it shows up in Firefox properties as a PNG image, rather than a sucky JPEG. Sorry about thathttp://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....ing.pngI had to reset the options. When I installed a theme it messed on with them. It said GD2 was the recommended setting but apparently that blows - it's now in ImageMagickI'm making it 'update' thumbnails now.Edit: Your thumbnail looks a lot better now. Crummy Dreamhost machine obviously doesn't have GD2 installed.