My Story so Far

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

My Story so Far

Post by Rachel »

An idea I've had for years, but have only just got round to writing: I will eventually upload it to the Fanfiction site, when it's completed (after about another Microsoft Word page or two), and perfected. (And assuming I can remember my Fanfiction password, hahaha! :roll: ) But please, guys, tell me what you think so far....Writing just a short fanfiction feels like hard work; and to think I once dreamed of being the next Jacqueline Wilson! Anyway, here goes:

The concert was about to begin: the Great Kate was to perform all her classic hits, plus material from her new album. “Ooh goody goody!” gurgled an enthusiastic audience-member, who had taken a Zeaf from Mars in order to attend. Granted, he had an ulterior motive: if he didn’t feel too tired after the show, he would try to waylay Miss Kestrel, and force her to show him the location of the Terrahawks’ stinking lair....But for now, he thought, he’d just relax and enjoy the gig.

Kate was on top form that night; and she looked her most exquisite. In between each song Stu Dapples handed her a different wig (longer than her usual ones), to change. So she sported waist-length ringlets of ever-differing hues: a soft rose-pink, then sky-blue, then pale lilac, followed by a stunning white-blonde, then shimmering turquoise....Yung-Star gawped; maybe not ALL Earthlings were ugly idiots! He became aware of exciting sensations in his chest, and in his groin, that he had never experienced before. He drooled, and this time it was not from hunger. He whooped and applauded with the rest of the audience; and he rocked exuberantly in his chair when Kate sang Responsible, and Silver Blue Roller. As she crooned Be My Star Tonight, he vowed that he would soon have her warbling “Be my YUNG-Star tonight!” He asked himself, “And why not? I’m much more handsome than any of the other men here!”

So Yung-Star did pursue Kate to her waiting car, Hudson; but all evil intentions had fled his mind. When he approached her, she initially groaned “Oh no, not you!” She’d had a most successful but exhausting night, and she really couldn’t cope with trouble from Zelda’s clan at that moment. Yung-Star beseeched her, “Please listen, Kate Kestrel, I mean you no harm! I think I’ve fallen in love with you!” She snorted “Yeah, right! I’m not going to fall into your trap. Now go away!” “Please! Your face is as gorgeous as your voice!” As she looked up at him, she realised that he was sincere: maybe the bad boy was reformed; and, now that he was no longer a danger, she acknowledged that he was rather cute, in a very unconventional way. Of course she was no stranger to male admiration, but somehow Yung-Star touched her heart in a way that none of her other fans had hitherto achieved.
She opened Hudson’s door, and invited Yung-Star inside. She conceded that it still wouldn’t be wise to bring him to Hawknest, so she ordered Hudson to her own grand abode. During the journey, Hudson attempted to make polite conversation, but then he realised that he wasn’t going to get many replies, as his two occupants were too busy kissing.

Yung-Star was overwhelmed by the size and opulence of Kate’s house: he exclaimed “Ooh!” at everything, from the elaborate K in each gate, to the ornate shiny gold-tiled bathroom. As Kate removed her wig, Yung-Star remarked, “I’m glad you’re not bald underneath your wig, like Cy-Star!” Kate giggled, “You’re so sweet!” She pondered whether she should grow her real hair long; if she did, then she would really be “the Diana Ross of the 21st century,” as the tabloids had dubbed her. Thinking how horrified her friends and Yung-Star’s family would be if they knew about the new love affair, she wryly declared out loud “Well, you & I are set to be the Romeo & Juliet of the 21st century!” Yung-Star replied “The what? I don’t understand!” Kate chuckled, “Bless you, it doesn’t matter!” He asked “Where am I going to sleep?” Kate, now cosy in bed, patted the duvet, calling, “Here! There’s room enough for two!”
Last edited by Rachel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rachel

Re: My Story so Far

Post by Rachel »

Over the following days, the other Terrahawks noticed that Kate appeared very preoccupied, in a world of her own, hardly concentrating on anyone’s conversations in Hawknest; and she was always humming tunes, even more than might be expected from a rock-star. When she visited Spacehawk, to deliver a message to Hiro, she exited saying “Isn’t the world a beautiful place?”, depositing a kiss on 101’s shiny silver forehead. Hiro exclaimed “My delightful flowers are indeed brightening everyone’s lives!” “Of course, Lieutenant,” drolly replied 101.

One night Zero whispered “Hey Dicks-hewitt!” Dix-huit groaned “Zut alors! Can’t a soldier sleep in peace?” “But Dixy boy, have you noticed anything strange about Captain Kestrel recently?” “I think Mlle Kestrel is en amour!” “Yes, and I’ve heard her singing ‘Be my YUNG-Star Tonight’, more than once,” said Zero. “Very strange! I hope it doesn’t mean what I think it means!” Dr Ninestein appeared, and demanded, “Zero, what are you muttering about?” The shutter quickly rolled across Zero’s eyes. When Tiger had disappeared, Zero contacted Spacehawk, telling 101 his suspicions; the Space Sergeant observed “Hmmm, the last time she came here, a scrap of paper fell out of her pocket. I saw that it had a love-heart, with the initials K + Y inside. As Alice said, curiouser & curiouser...”

Zero and Dix-huit rolled along through the sewer towards Kate’s home, emerged through the nearest manhole, and bounced onto the branch of a tree near Kate’s bedroom window. They peered in...What they saw made Dix-huit exclaim “Non! Non! Sacré bleu!” Zero rotated round and round with shock, declaring “My circuits can’t stand this!”

Zelda, meanwhile, finally realised that her offspring had been absent for some time, and she decided to watch him through her crystal. Upon seeing him loved-up with Kate, she shrieked loudly. She had been hoping that a Martian maiden would soon take her imbecilic son off her hands; that would be good riddance! Besides, the youth was almost 100, now: very nearly an adult man. But the thought of any relative of hers falling in love with a piece of Earth-scum, and a despicable Terrahawk at that, was just scandalous! It was not to be borne! She feared she would have an apoplexy. Cy-Star enquired “What on Mars is the matter, Zelda?” After having a look through the crystal, Cy-Star twittered “How romantic! Wonderful!” Zelda snarled “Oh shut up, you simpering simpleton!”
Last edited by Rachel on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well, it's bizarre but I'm not saying that it isn't in-keeping with the oddness of the original show.

I need to get back to writing my Star Fleet fan-fiction but I never received any feedback on it beyond the first chapter.
Maybe I need to do what you're saying and put it on this fanfiction.com to give it some more passing trade.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I hope I'm not making Gerry Anderson turn in his grave! :oops:
Crash

Post by Crash »

I wondered the same about X-Bomber the Game.
If I remember right, Gerry Anderson was never that fond of Terrahawks, probably because it was less straight-laced than Thunderbirds.

With lots of Spitting Image clips surfacing on Facebook in the wake of Brexit etc., I can't help thinking that Terrahawks and Spitting Image run on the same engine.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I'm glad Jamie Anderson seems to be more positive about T'hawks than his father was. What would Gerry have made of Lt. Hiro turning out to be a closet transvestite? :o

Did any of the other Anderson shows have little spoofs like Gerryhawks, featuring the puppet Gerry?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

The whole tale has now been uploaded to the Fanfiction site:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12075639/1 ... ar-Tonight

I hope I won't think of another paragraph I should have added, by tomorrow....