Terrahawks to Return on Audio

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhfQBcjUBII'm certainly excited and even more so surprised.

Gunny01

Post by Gunny01 »

Didn't see this one coming…
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

They are also remastering the TV episodes for Bluray release, hopefully next year. These will look far superior then the current poor dvds - although unfortunately this remastering can only be done from 16mm prints........ as all the original film negatives have been lost!!!! Now thats just downright unforgiveable.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Mark42 @ May 04 2014,19:47)QUOTEThey are also remastering the TV episodes for Bluray release, hopefully next year. These will look far superior then the current poor dvds - although unfortunately this remastering can only be done from 16mm prints........ as all the original film negatives have been lost!!!! Now thats just downright unforgiveable.http://fanderson.org.uk/gerryan....initionWell looking at this, it looks fairly promising!
felice

Post by felice »

Wow! The improved picture quality is nice, but the amount of picture that was cropped off for the SD version is quite remarkable. It's possible that the zoomed in version was the intended framing (eg a closeup on Kate's face rather than a group shot), but the off-centre "Communications Override" SD shot suggests otherwise.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(felice @ May 05 2014,22:17)QUOTEWow! The improved picture quality is nice, but the amount of picture that was cropped off for the SD version is quite remarkable. It's possible that the zoomed in version was the intended framing (eg a closeup on Kate's face rather than a group shot), but the off-centre "Communications Override" SD shot suggests otherwise.Might be the certain episode from the DVD it was taken. I don't recall the title screen being so off center.Star Fleet has a similar thing, the Japanese version, you can see more of the top a little more on one of the edges. I get the impression, it was intentional to have them zoomed in, it's called matting, and lots of shows I end up seeing different transfers of, and some have more visible.Terrahawks DVD's were better done than the remasters done to Thunderbirds, that's my opinion anyhow. And I don't think any was done to "Terrahawks"....

Crash

Post by Crash »

I've suspected for a while that they were doing some kind of Terrahawks remaster based on things I noticed on the Anderson website.They must have found some better footage somewhere.The forum seemed to conclude a while ago that the DVDs had been created from video-tape footage.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Interesting. Maybe that's why they suddenly became sensitive about my ancient intro on YouTube.In other news, my laptop has died. Bugger.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

I think the Anderson estate have brassing off everyone that they come in contact with.The last I saw, they'd got themselves into a real bunfight with Fanderson.They'd been bullying fans into handing over their memorabilia to do with the shows and were making some appalling accusations against Fanderson; including that Fanderson had exploited Gerry Anderson's declining state due to Alzheimer's disease for their own material gain.The Fandercon or whatever it was that they organised seems to made some waves as well.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ May 12 2014,21:58)QUOTEI think the Anderson estate have brassing off everyone that they come in contact with.The last I saw, they'd got themselves into a real bunfight with Fanderson.They'd been bullying fans into handing over their memorabilia to do with the shows and were making some appalling accusations against Fanderson; including that Fanderson had exploited Gerry Anderson's declining state due to Alzheimer's disease for their own material gain.The Fandercon or whatever it was that they organised seems to made some waves as well.The Anderson estate seems to need to learn the golden rule: Don't bite the hand that feeds.. That is such a disgusting accusation on their part. Why would fans of Gerry exploit his dying state? That makes no sense..