Anderson on YouTube

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

Anderson on YouTube

Post by AndyThomas »

As you are probably aware, as part of the eighties section of my site I have a collection of video intros up on YouTube, one of which belonged to Terrahawks. Several of those intros have been identified as belonging to third parties by YouTube, but advertising aside they've been left alone.Anderson Entertainment, however, has actually had the Terrahawks intro taken down. I've emailed them querying this action - it'd been up for some six years without complaint, and was all of a minute long. I'm considering an official counter-notification, but was wondering if any of the Anderson fans here know of their policy on this sort of thing? Are they simply more hard core than most? I ask that because I've been trying to introduce my son to Anderson shows as he loves Stingray, but Thunderbirds clips seem to have evaporated from YouTube as well.Full movies etc I can understand, but short videos from genuine fans getting the chop seems a touch over the top. Any views would be welcome before I embark on an official avenue, as would an actual phone number for Anderson which I don't seem able to locate...?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bladez636

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Bladez636 »

I don't know their problem -- it was just an intro. On one of my accounts on YouTube it got a strike, but that's different. It was an edited uncut version of "Expect the Unexpected" using the DVD and VHS so that's really a different story than a 1 minute intro.YouTube's flagging system is easily abused.
Crash

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Crash »

I hate YouTube. It's the iPhone and Facebook and BMW of streaming sites.Even when it's free, it's overpriced.I tried to use YouTube once and when I uploaded, they would strip the sound off the videos for using a clip of a soundtrack on a video 20-30 secs in length.Then they managed to break my account when I linked it to Google so I couldn't actually do anything; even watch any videos when I was logged into their sad website.I would just buy your son the Thunderbirds blu-ray ... or you could find the torrent.I watched Terror in New York City the other week and Stingray is brilliant as well.The thing is, it'll not be Anderson's estate causing the problem, it'll be whatever feckless film company owns the rights to Thunderbirds, which he sold after his acrimonious divorce from Sylvia.It's very good to hear that even the generation on from us accepts Thunderbirds as 'the stuff they want to watch' the way we did, even after the VHS tapes and VCRs we recorded it on with as kids are a distant memory.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mark42

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Mark42 »

Interesting to hear if it was actually Anderson Entertainment, I thought the rights were held by Southern Star Ltd, but maybe Gerry did still hold some rights to it. Not sure why AE would be upset by people wanting to show clips unless they are trying to be the only people doing it?As for Thunderbirds, I believe that ITC Entertainment are trying to smother or closely control all old Thunderbird related stuff in the run up to the new TV series being released.
Crash

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Crash »

Sorry, the new TV series being released?
AndyThomas

Anderson on YouTube

Post by AndyThomas »

What Crash said. There's nothing on the Anderson website about a new series? My son would be beside himself. I've now submitted a counter-notification, so I await to see if they're going to challenge that. I'm interested in the process as much as anything else. I threw in a couple of copyright exemption reasons even though you're not allowed to say much, a lawyer looking at it would get where I'm coming from. Something tells me that they're going to do some sort of refresh/re-release of the series - have a look at the Anderson channel on YouTube, there are several videos suggesting old series are going to be revisited which may well be why they're looking at YouTube at the moment...
Crash

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Crash »

Well, I did a bit of a Google on this and the BBC seem to think that we're getting it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment ... 4331517How great would that be? We've seen how brilliant Thunderbirds was and how badly you can ruin the idea in 2004.
AndyThomas

Anderson on YouTube

Post by AndyThomas »

Well well, that one passed me by and there's nothing on the Anderson site about it. How odd. No challenge on my counter-notice as yet, so we'll see...
Crash

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Crash »

Well, provided that the Rolls Royce is a Rolls Royce this time and Thunderbird 2 does actually have an interchangeable pod, we might get somewhere with it.
Vanessa

Anderson on YouTube

Post by Vanessa »

Here here!
Evasive Manoeuvres!