Terrahawks behind the scenes Model phots designs

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

Several years ago I posted a few Terrahawk interviews on my website and some people asked if the photographs could be bigger, but at the time I was limited by webspace. However things have changed and I have now added a new section to my site just devoted to Terrahawk info - featuring design drawings by the Special Effects Director and behind the scenes photographs taken by a friend, who often visited the studio and built the model of Spacehawk.see - http://www.davidsissonmodels.co.uk/Terraha....nes.htmI hope you find it of interest.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I really enjoyed having a browse through there, thanks for the heads-up. I certainly found it of interest.It's a good job that HawkWing developed from its original design.I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming sections.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Post by Crash »

By the way, do you have any information about the 'guest' vehicles in the show like the Space Carrier and its fighters etc.?
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

Space Carrier? If you mean Big White One from 'First Strike' then the answer is unfortunately no I don't. The only photo that I have of the fighter is below (which appears to be made from bits of the Airfix 1/24th scale Harrier). There will be photos of all Zelda's spaceships and some guest craft.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I found this as well, when searching on the same subject.It might be of some tangential interest.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Sorry, I had to change across to another hopeless Mac at work.Here's the link: http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... y-station/
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

The comment from one of the designers that Japanese mecha are "over-engineered crap" is a little funny considering how much influence Gerry Anderson shows have had on Japanese anime over the years...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yeah, I don't agree with him on that.I was watching the X-Bomber REMASTER (not that the quality is actually as good as the 2004 DVDs) and thought what a cool looking ship the X-Bomber was.If you'd designed it yourself, it would never have looked anything like that but it looks good.All the designs in Gundam SEED etc are ultra-slick and ultra-cool.I'm not too sure what he's referring to with his comment.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Well, each to his own I guess - I don't know how old that interview is, possibly they were influenced by designs around at the time they were making "Terrahawks" or when they were interviewed. Like everything, theres good and bad mecha design...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

What are some of the worst offenders, do you reckon?Is funny that I can't find any pics of the yellow Martian Exploration Vehicle from Terrahawks online.