Guess who's Gonna be the Great Kate for a Night!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Yes, a week on Saturday, a friend of mine is having a party, held at a bar, with the theme of Superheroes & Villains. Finally, my chance to be Miss Kestrel! I've bought a bright pink Afro wig from a party-shop near me. I nearly threw in the towel when I failed to find an outfit like Kate's anywhere; however, I have seen a silver all-in-one catsuit online, which looks like the sort of thing for a space-age heroine.And I've already got a toy zeroid (101), so I'll take him along, and Bob's your uncle!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

All you need now is a Hudson look-alike car to turn up in
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Yeah, that would have saved me the cost of the taxi home!The party was fun, although frustratingly, nobody else there was familiar with Terrahawks (many of them were nearly 10 years younger than me). 2 people asked me if my zeroid was R2D2. It's a shame there was no karaoke in the bar; I would have liked to belt out a good 80s number. But never mind...I've already planned what to wear if I ever get the chance to go to another fancy-dress party: a cave-girl outfit (reminiscent of Raquel Welch) that I've seen in a costume-shop. I would then get a toy sabre-tooth tiger (an "Extinctable" available from motorway service-stations) as a prop.Anyway, photos of me as Kate are on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 0799597788
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I was Kate again, 2 days ago, at a Dinner Disco with a fancy-dress theme of TV & Movie Stars. Frustratingly, my friends were a bit too old to know who KK was (they were probably already too adult to be watching kids' TV in 1984); let's hope that if there's ever a third opportunity to don the costume, the other party-goers will be the correct age to remember Terrahawks....The outfit was a little too hot for dancing comfortably, really; but it was still good fun. I didn't take 101 along, this time.