Schizo DVD Player

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Schizo DVD Player

Post by Rachel »

You may not believe this, but I think my DVD player (got it for my 30th birthday earlier this year) has Jekyll & Hyde tendencies! It occasionally has a background resonance (a bit like "white noise" but not exactly that) accompanying the dialogue and especially the powerful sounds, such as explosions and shootings. I noticed this the second time I played Zero's Finest Hour; I watched the very same episode the next morning, and the sound was fine again! (Strange but true.) It happened the first 2 times I saw Volume 8, but I was luckier the 3rd time. And I have seen Space Giant twice on DVD; the first time, the sound had the flaw, but the second time there was no problem.Has anyone else experienced this "moodiness" with their DVDs? Perhaps the disc needs to be aligned an exact, precise way in the player, in order to be perfect? Or maybe the weather affects performance? (I'm just guessing.)
Shane

Schizo DVD Player

Post by Shane »

Check your connections between the DVD player and television. A loose scart lead can sometimes cause problems with audio. The Disc should playback exactly the same eveytime you view it, being in the digital domain. The alignment of the disc in your player shouldn't come into it as the disc will either load or not load.It might even have something to do with your television speakers which can produce all sorts of variation in sound quality from one day to another.Hope this helps you pinpoint the pesky source of your audio problems .Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!