Ikonboard CGI Error

Comments on this forum and Star Fleet sites
Bradster

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by Bradster »

There seemed to be another problem like this yesterday (or was it this morning? I can't remember.) but I'm glad to see that everything is working nicely again.Anything noteworthy about the recent downtime? Did you figure this one out yourself like you mentioned before?  
AndyThomas

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I know what happens, but for some reason I can't get in to fix it myself. It's a problem with the SQL tables that seems to crop up now and again, and you can issue a command that fixes the tables, it's just a question of my logging into the database. This I seem to be having the difficulty with on this XP box. Fortunately my hosting service is very helpful like that...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by Happosai »

Quote (AndyThomas @ 02 July 2003,19:55)Well, I know what happens, but for some reason I can't get in to fix it myself.  It's a problem with the SQL tables that seems to crop up now and again, and you can issue a command that fixes the tables, it's just a question of my logging into the database.  This I seem to be having the difficulty with on this XP box.  Fortunately my hosting service is very helpful like that...Do you have shell access to your hosting account? I don't use XP, so I don't know what kind of terminal software it comes with (previous versions of Windows I've used have had an *awful* telnet client), but may I recommend Tera Term (Pro), a fine freeware terminal emulator:<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html>. There's a separate SSH extension for it if you need to use that rather than standard telnet to access it (like I do for my site...much easier than FTPing things back and forth!).[Happosai]
AndyThomas

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by AndyThomas »

Since I last wrote, I have finally managed to log on correctly - I did indeed need a SSH log-on, but I think it wasn't authenticating or something before now. So hopefully next time a table falls over I should be able to get it back up myself...
AndyThomas

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by AndyThomas »

...like I did just then. Normal service has now been resumed...
Bradster

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by Bradster »

Looks like another database glitch.I get the same error when I click the "Your messenger" link on any page.Quote Ikonboard CGI ErrorIkonboard has exited with the following error:Can't query the data from 'message_data' Reason: Can't open file: 'ib_message_data.MYI'. (errno: 145) Query: SELECT * FROM ib_message_data WHERE MEMBER_ID = '66-1043711751' ORDER BY DATE DESCThis error was reported at: Sources/iDatabase/Driver/mySQL.pm line 269.Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.
AndyThomas

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by AndyThomas »

First up - hello Saphire, welcome to the forum. Secondly, I'll have a look at this - certainly a new one on me, normally these things only affect the forum as a whole rather than just the Messenger function. I don't even know how many people use it...
AndyThomas

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by AndyThomas »

Right, same old problem - hopefully now fixed.
Crash

Ikonboard CGI Error

Post by Crash »

Well done to Andy for fixing the forum problem earlier in the week, good shot mate.
Dream big and bold and daring.