Chatting With Jay Bennedict Tommorow

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I'm having a Skype chat/ Interview with Jay tomorrow night.If anyone has a few questions let me know in a PM.I'll ask the usual stuff and expand into some of his work.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

My question is if he has any recollections with voicing anyone else on the series? Or working with anyone we may not know about in the cast - Shane seems to speculate Caliban/Professor Hagen was voiced by Al Matthews (who was never credited since they used the same bloody credits) which I find plausible since the "Aliens" relationship w/ Jay and Mark Rolston.Will you be posting a transcript or video of this interview?
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

The interview went very well i only fluffed one question which i made up on the spot.Jay's very nice to talk to, down to earth and very approachable.All went well until after the interview and Jay had signed off that I realized I had done a test video but hadn't clicked record to do the proper interview.DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I contacted Jay and he's ok to do another one next week.It gives me more time to get questions from you guys.Start thinking some up
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Good to have a dry run.I'd wondered how much flexibility the voice actors were given. Were they able to influence their characters away from the Japanese script?I think the more open the questions, the better.Ask the guy if he remembers anything interesting from the production that the usual questions don't cover.It's always good to let the interviewee go where they want.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Re: Chatting With Jay Bennedict Tommorow

Post by Zordon »

Jay took ill a few weeks back and had to have open heart surgery. He's doing well now though.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Re: Chatting With Jay Bennedict Tommorow

Post by Crash »

I'm sorry to hear people haven't been well.
All I have to report is a damaged tooth from before Christmas and I thought that seemed bad. :?

Do you have a copy of your interview?
Do you have a more complete copy of the Star Fleet Omega story?
The one I have uploaded on the site is quite an early version.
Dream big and bold and daring.