2010 new site

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
felice

2010 new site

Post by felice »

(Zordon @ Jan. 06 2010,13:25)QUOTEunfortunatly it was on my old geocities site and as you know that was forcefully closed by them last year. I can always ask her and see if it's still avalible.Huh... wasn't expecting anyone to remember that! Fortunately I do still have a copy, and I've uploaded it to http://starfleet.randomstatic.net/halley1024.gif
Son Of Chronos

2010 new site

Post by Son Of Chronos »

Well the site is comming along very nicely I must say.You're saying you're out of space already? hmm does that mean you will have to move the site to a better host, I dunno which free host are any good though.Oh lord angelfire you brought back some memories there, just how many DBZ fan sites were there, and nearly all on angelfire, ha 90s internet you got to love it.I like how you have some music on there, thats the first time I ve heard the OG japanese music, I wonder is more of that music around?Also I was thinking in the future we could do a SF podcast, I mean nearly every other site has a podcast these days on whatever topic their site is based on.I have no idea on how to set up a podcast(my research starts now ), I guess it would involve Skype? and whatever else, we could discuss such things as in depth episode reviews, characters, music, fan fics, or whatever comes into your mind, this is something to think about later untill you are happy with what host the site is on in case you move it, Im willing to contribute in the podcast, I mean its about time the fans spoke out dont you think?Also for any videos it might be better we set up a deadicated Youtube account just for SF, because at the moment you have to go here there and everywhere when searching for SF vids, you could give it the same name as the site so people will follow it back, it would make it easier for fans new and old to connect.Dunno what you think about all that, food for thought I guess.

Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

Firstly for felice, Thanks for the file i've uploaded it to the gallery. i think once crash has some time we'll work on the full site and get it running great.as for the flash site i could always pay a small monthly fee, im not poor just lazy lol.Pod cast sounds good. I think the best way to do this would be via skype. I still want to ring up pete marinker and Jay benidict and see if they would be intrested in doing some youtube interviews.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Dr. Ben

2010 new site

Post by Dr. Ben »

I had suggested a podcast several years ago. I have some experience in that area so I could do something like that if need be.
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Yeah, I'm fairly relaxed and eloquent with people - for a programmer, but if I were recording myself I'd just flake out and babble like an idiot more than normal.
Dream big and bold and daring.
felice

2010 new site

Post by felice »

I have hosting space available for a non-flash site if that helps...
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

sounds good guys, shall we meet up on messenger one night and throw some ideas about?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

MSN Meet sounds good - Add piersbell at hotmail.com.
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

I think I sense an update on the way soon. what do you think crash?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Hey there Dave, well I think everyone is maybe having to work all hours to hold down a job right at the moment, I think that's probably the explanation for the lack of bustle. I'm just parked doing my final exams this month which leaves me in an odd state of limbo.Still it would be a shame to see our little band disappear.I did some research about this forum and although the development for Ikonboard stopped ages ago, you can set up a number of new installations that import the database content from an Ikonboard. The best option looks like SMF. It's the best free BBS that I can see.Theoretically you do a backup of the database, install your new software, run it and Bob's your uncle.New forum, no content lost.Alternatively it might be nice to kick-off a forum for games projects and such like and give a few people their own sections so that projects can share a user-base and don't re-invent the wheel maintaining their own forums.On another front, I updated the Coppermine gallery with a more security-aware model. It looked like quite a schoolboy error that they'd missed.Another version with a lot more features is available but only as a prototype. I'm not gonna install anything that's not tested. That's a bit selfish but pfft!I might also cut-corners and install a CMS on X-Bomber's site that allows comments etc and faster editing.