Big Dai X.com site update

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

Hey no problem. I kept the ship scans to a minimum as I'm building a dedicated ships weapons and planets section which will feature a fair few images of the X Bomber etc. There is one picture of a grounded X Bomber in the gallery just posted up, though looking at it again now I should probably include another image of the X Bomber in flight, considering I have two Princess Keeli pics in there when she's not even the star of the show. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Thats fine, nice to know there will be more, hoepfully of the same quality!Two of Princess Keeli, hmm? Sounds like an obsession to me... Speaking of which... I now have Commander Makara staring out at me every time I turn the PC on."So, what do you want to do tonight, Commander?""The same thing we do every night, FZeroOne... try to take over the Universe!"
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

Post by Shane »

The big X Bomber images were taken from the Japanese DVDs, but the Lazerdiscs aren't too shabby either for screen grabs.As it stands the Japanese would seem to have the best masters of the series, which stands to reason really. On an episode to episode basis, what you get on the Japanese DVDs are exactly the same as was used for France's Bomber X and the UK's Star Fleet series. So no cuts or missing scenes, however as mentioned before X Bomber had 25 episodes, the extra episode in question was only a flashback show and contained very little new footage, so was not used for the UK's Incarnation.I would imagine if the US were serious about releasing Star Fleet they would simply encode the 8 mini moves of the series that they produced from the 24 episode UK run from the late eighties, onto 8 discs. I'd be interested in knowing how popular Star Fleet was on the other side of the pond. If I remember rightly the US tapes were rental only, and the show was never screened in the US?If the show was going to be released anywhere soon I would have thought it would be in France. There's a lot of fans of the show over there, and they make up a lot of my website visitors according to my web logs. In fact I wish I could do more justice to my Bomber X section, as a refering french forum member, with a cloudy memory of the series thought that Bomber X was animated because of the comic images on my site and that, Star Fleet was a different show altogether!Like you say the dream really would be to paste the UK series audio over the Japanese masters, not an impossibly difficult task, having the Japanese audio track on another channel would be super too. I'd just doubt if anyone would go to the trouble of doing this for a release with, lets face it a very limited appeal.If you were going to do a DIY job then Daz's video tape copies contain the uncut Star Fleet audio directly from it's second transmison on UK tv.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!