Remember starfleetxbomber.co.uk?

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I may, just possibly, perhaps, have saved it from potential spam merchants. I tried to contact DJ Dust but I don't think he's interested in it anymore - so long story short as it's been available for a while and is an obvious alternative to sfxb I've re-registered it and pointed it here. Not ideal as it may break some really old links, but at least it keeps it in the family, so to speak. Which reminds me, I need to sort out my error pages following the move... tsk...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

What'dya want a longer URL for? I suppose it is more descriptive.You can have more than one domain linking to the same site. Your hosts can arrange that.
Dream big and bold and daring.
djdust

Post by djdust »

(AndyThomas @ Apr. 29 2013,20:02)QUOTEWell, I may, just possibly, perhaps, have saved it from potential spam merchants.  I tried to contact DJ Dust but I don't think he's interested in it anymore - so long story short as it's been available for a while and is an obvious alternative to sfxb I've re-registered it and pointed it here.  Not ideal as it may break some really old links, but at least it keeps it in the family, so to speak.  Which reminds me, I need to sort out my error pages following the move...  tsk...Andy!! Have only just spotted this post after dropping in for the first time in months. I wasn't even aware the domain had lapsed to be honest which is a great indicator of how much I've been keeping an eye on the site. I found my old site a bit pointless once our beloved show was finally released on DVD and the dream soundtrack release also came out (I still can't believe it really truly exists, even if it does miss out some key pieces of music still alas...) Hope you're well mate.
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Jiraiya

Re: Remember starfleetxbomber.co.uk?

Post by Jiraiya »

Was thinking of maybe doing this with Big Dai-x (Shane's site)

I managed to find all the site pages minus images and multimedia using the wayback machine..

It would be a shame to loose such a historical site to the depths of the deep web
Crash

Re: Remember starfleetxbomber.co.uk?

Post by Crash »

It's a real shame that so little of Shane's original site images was captured by archive.org.
There was some really interesting content on there.
I remember, Shane had the start of a Revenge of Makara comic on there that was really nicely done in Photoshop.
I never saw that again, afterward, and when Shane did a second site a few years later, that wasn't included.
Dream big and bold and daring.