Registering on the Forum

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

Registering on the Forum

Post by AndyThomas »

I've finally managed to enable a graphics based security step for new registrations to the forum. Due to problems with spammers I'd had to effectively block new registrations, but I'm hoping that this feature will let genuine people register whilst keeping spammers at bay. Here's hoping...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Registering on the Forum

Post by AndyThomas »

It seems I wasn't giving the spammers enough credit, so if you do want to register please do so as you would normally but then email me so I can complete your registration, thanks.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Registering on the Forum

Post by Crash »

Pity we have to resort to this kind of thing to keep the wasters out.Is it just me or is the ratio of useless folk to good increasing?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Registering on the Forum

Post by Zordon »

yeah I was just checking through the members list, you had quite a spike durring Feb all on the same day. alot of guest posts too.Remember the old days on the adamantuim board that was a nightmare trying to keep track of members.we should set up an elite members option. Andy as Admin, Elite 5Shane, Crash, Brad, Matt, and me lolwe could then be sub mods that can keep track of all those naughty spammers. i do the same on my own Pr props board with a few of my friends and it works out ok. We have 5 of us that run the board just in case anyones offline and can't police the situation.If you think about it it kind of ties in nicely with what Crash mentioned earlyer last year about amalgamating.
Look an Alien cruiser!!