Gundam Unicorn

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Gundam Unicorn

Post by Crash »

Well, Gundam Unicorn has made its progression from Manga to Anime!I must say I like this FAR more than Gundam 00. The first episode drags on a little because it's 50mins long but just wait for the end.It looks like we've finally got another Gundam that combines the characters, story, action, animation, music into something that really gets the juices flowing.Gundam 00 had that in one or two episodes but only fleetingly because I never really cared about the characters much.This series is great because you get to see all the great UC hardware animated with the latest methods and yet the characters (and everything else) are still drawn in the same way as the original UC Gundam.Everything looks fantastic because they've just updated an existing set of ideas rather than unnecessarily pushed the envelope like they tried in 00. Another thing that's in-keeping is the music, which is far more elegant than 00's.Sunrise just won me back. Please let the rest of the series be just like this!!!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Gundam Unicorn

Post by Crash »

I don't have the authority to edit that so I'll just say here how disappointed I am that the 2nd of the planned 6 Unicorn "OVAs" is thought to be coming in Autumn... That's how long we have wait.
Son Of Chronos

Gundam Unicorn

Post by Son Of Chronos »

Yeah it was great, its good to be back in UC after so long.Yes the mecha designs are simply amazing and make up for the boring stale designs that were in Gundam SEED, I still havent watched Gundam 00 its on my list to watch as Im pain stakingly going through Turn A at the mo.However back to Unicorn, yeah what makes me laugh is that Bandai put out the blu ray with just that one episode, one episode on a Blu Ray!!! are you shitting me, it reminds me of when Funimation used to put just 3 episodes of DBZ on one DVD, madness.Yeah its a pity Unicorn is going to take a long time to come out but I think its going to be the best Gundam in years.
Crash

Gundam Unicorn

Post by Crash »

I objected to the 00 Gundam designs because they were so bland. I've built a couple of the SEED Destiny kits. They're a really nice balance of ... everything. The hero Gundams look good and are nicely designed.I think Hellsing Ultimate is going the same way with one OVA per disc. It's corporate greed that just insults the customer and encourages piracy.