God Bless Youtube!

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

God Bless Youtube!

Post by Rachel »

I just luuuurve Youtube! Virtually everything seems to be on there, you can look up songs you haven't heard for years. (The only things I've failed to find, so far, are a few 80s adverts.)The most recent treasure I've watched on Youtube is a clip from the 1986 Comic Relief concert, of the Young Ones on stage. It's brilliant, and very rude; I won't go into detail, but let's just say boys will be boys! (I guess I shouldn't really have seen it at the time, as I was only 12, but what the heck!) But I confess I'd forgotten quite how gorgeous Rik Mayall was at the time; it's sad and scary to think he's now 50.Another piece of pure gold on Youtube, that I thought I'd never see again, is the Terrahawks episode of the Saturday Show, with Moya Griffiths dressed as Kate. Zelda corrupts Isla St Clair's personality, making her evil. Ah, those were the days!
Rachel

God Bless Youtube!

Post by Rachel »

I recommend the Messed-up Bible Stories (created by Ebolaworld) on Youtube; they're cartoon versions of tales from Genesis. They're such a good laugh; and a big bonus is that they made Jacob soooo handsome! (Although that probably doesn't matter to anyone who isn't called Rachel!)
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Re: God Bless Youtube!

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

Nice one, Rache!! I seem to be spending a lot more time watching Youtube than television these days (the schedule planners need sacking as they don't seem to know what they're doing and don' understand the concept of variety). One of my currnet vavourites on Youtube is Danial Boone (I remember this on ITV during the 70s but can only remember the theme and opening and it has that ITV4 feel to it). I also get a lot of my music from Youtube (Question- is it me or are all these 70s/80s compilations ALL the same?) as there're certain tracks on my phone's music player that aren't available on CD due to certain songs being one it wonders from the early '80s that have faded into obscurity or become 'forgotten' (as in deliberately ignored by the complilers (I'd been looking the 1he Piranha's cover of Zambesi for years).

As it just so happens, I've posted a few vids on youtube (mostly experimental clips of animated projects that never got off the ground)
and my first live action video was disaster (due to the video settings on my phone).
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Welcome Geldra, to our quiet little haven of the interweb.

I agree that youtube can be better than television. I'm currently addicted to a clip called "Cybergoths dance to Thomas the Tank Engine". For some reason I find it hilarious.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

Post by felice »

I've uploaded something a lot of you might enjoy: https://youtu.be/wldyUqqzYqY
Last edited by felice on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crash

Post by Crash »

That gave me a giggle. Did you edit it yourself?
Dream big and bold and daring.
felice

Post by felice »

Yep. Kept me distracted from doing anything actually productive for a while 8)
Crash

Post by Crash »

The new ship designs in this new Star Wars look good.
The changes are subtle but they do modernise the look slightly, which is all they ever needed to do.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

felice wrote:Yep. Kept me distracted from doing anything actually productive for a while 8)
Ha ha! Very good. I especially liked "Iliketickboxes" and "Lucas Enemy".
Moar pls!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

Post by felice »

Thanks 8) I do have some other things in the works, but based on my track record so far it could be years before I finish any of them...