T-Birds / T-America?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Crash »

Which of the following would you consider to be the better movie?:
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Bradster »

Going on the trailers, since I have seen neither in the theaters, I'd have to go with Team America.And, no, I'm not being prejudiced by my American heritage. :P
Crash

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Crash »

Well I can believe you aren't, some americans would have been turned away by the subject matter, I would have thought.I think I'll have to go the same way, since even without trying Thunderbirds the Movie managed to annihalate my favourite childhood programme.
Bradster

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, that's just it. The overly-campy trailer for T-birds turned me off from the moment I saw it. Granted, I'm sure I'll rent it and see it eventually, but it looked too dumbed-down like another teeny-bopper movie with the "kids" having fun and saving the day (ala. Spy Kids).T-America, on the other hand, looks to have some great adult humor and lots of the biting satire that Matt and Trey are so good at. On top of that, it's in the style of the old T-birds show. Zing! ;)
Rachel

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Rachel »

I saw Team America just last night, and I certainly enjoyed it, albeit not as much as Terrahawks or Starfleet. (And a technological flaw of the film is that the puppet-strings are much more visible than in either of those shows.) And if you want to see puppets copulating and swearing (a definite innovation!), don't miss it.
Crash

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Crash »

I thought it was bloody funny - thoroughly revolting but mostly enjoyable all the same. However I still think the jokes about Aids were of fairly unacceptably poor taste.Did that sleek fighter plane with the blue and red flashing lights ontop remind anyone else of HawkWing?... and the scene of them 'disguising' the lead character as a terrorist seemed rather reminiscent of Terrahawks performing some operation or other on Ninestein.You reckon they did more research than people might give them credit for?
felice

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by felice »

I'm not sure about serious research, but I'm sure they must have been fans of the Gerry Anderson shows. The Aids song at the start was a piss-take on the musical Rent, rather than a jab at people with Aids in general - were there other Aids jokes I've forgotten? I assume the visible puppet strings was deliberate, as part of the humour.
Bradster

T-Birds / T-America?

Post by Bradster »

As felice said, the strings were deliberately visible.