XCOM game nostalgia - new video by me, unusually!

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

XCOM game nostalgia - new video by me, unusually!

Post by AndyThomas »

So as previously mentioned, I acquired a new tablet over Christmas and went looking for something to play on it. I tripped across what I think is actually quite an old game by Android standards so there are some video reviews of it, but I've done quite a long one using just the tablet during which I drift on and off topic in terms of the game itself (!) Feedback would be appreciated - I'm not sure if the skippable ad thing is working, but there might be one. Not really sure how well that seems to be working for me, but anyway. I've got 1000+ subscribers on the channel, not sure how that happened but it has been going 10 years or more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jujY8-oNEw
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Re: XCOM game nostalgia - new video by me, unusually!

Post by Crash »

Cool game, nice refresh of a solid classic with nice graphics.

Well presented and well-made video - what software did you use to make it and how did you go about it?
Did you narrate the game live? It's very seamless.

I would very much like to see others since I don't really do much with Android.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Re: XCOM game nostalgia - new video by me, unusually!

Post by AndyThomas »

Thanks, that's useful feedback. It was pretty unplanned. When I first ran Minecraft there was an icon floating around on the new Asus ZenPad. It's an Asus app called Game Genie. It can boost game speed but it also captures video either to live stream or save locally. So when I came across Aliens v Humans I thought I'd give it a go.

As I said in the video it wasn't stable, so I segmented the recording. Then I stuck it all together with VidTrim. The commentary was indeed live and unscripted although I'd thought about it beforehand. The inbuilt microphone did reasonably well and I didn't have anything else to use!

Still playing the game, it's pretty nasty if you're not expansion minded. I may well do another one at some point, I have an Elite clone I've not tried yet, but I need peace and quiet! Easier said than done.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator