Family Guy

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

Family Guy

Post by Rachel »

Who else likes Family Guy? I want to be another of Quagmire's many conquests. (It wasn't love at first sight, but he's grown on me. :oops: )

"Death's" mother (in one of the early episodes) reminds me of Mrs. Dapples. :lol:
Crash

Re: Family Guy

Post by Crash »

That show can be funny. Some of the episodes turn out really well but some don't.
We had a guy at my last job who looked just like Steve from American Dad, which is similar and maybe better.

On my last day I printed a bunch of pictures of Steve off from the internet and put this employee's name underneath and stuck them up around the building just to ram the point home.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

My fave episode of American Dad = probably one of the recent ones, in which Hayley's husband travels back to Earth many years too late, and finds her a little old lady, & Stan has turned into a gorilla!

I think Family Guy tends to be better, on the whole; and FG's cultural cutaways = the icing on the cake. But I'm sure many blokes prefer American Dad, on account of Francine and/or Hayley! ;) That would be very understandable.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I'm not a huge Family Guy fan, but I did enjoy the Star Wars parody films they did, very funny!
Also, anyone seen the real life Peter Griffin clips from NYCC? He's hilarious!
https://youtu.be/PaxG2cTNWkQ
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

I've watched enough Family Guy to last a lifetime; I've grown quite tired of it. I watched the hell out of it when I was 10-12, but I watched it too much.
Crash

Post by Crash »

All those Simpsons, Futurama etc shows are like moving wallpaper.
They tend not to be very memorable.

That and they get shown constantly on TV like Big Bang is. It's always on, to the point where you lose all appreciation for it.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hi Crash, yeah I know what you mean. South Park seems to have gone the same way, it was funny years ago, but not now, it just seems crass.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I spent my time doodling RA 4 GQ during a staff meeting, not so long ago; and I'm 41! :oops:
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'm being dense here. It's a good while since I saw this show. RA is ... what?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

RA = my initials.

A close friend told me, yonks ago (when I was still in my teens) that I'd be certain to describe my heart-throb's love-interest as "a dog"; I admit sometimes that's been true; perhaps it's human nature. :mrgreen: But I can truthfully say that Glenn Quagmire usually has good taste in girlies; he's pulled some stunning blondes. His LEAST attractive paramour = Cleveland's first wife Loretta :shock: ; although, if Loretta lost a bit of weight & had a radical makeover, I imagine she could resemble the lovely, great Kate Kestrel. ;)