Newby to the forum

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Newby to the forum

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

Greetings.
I'm a child of the 70s/80s myself and I used to watch Star Fleet on ITV on Saturday mornings and have the theme on my MP3 player/mobile phone (as well as the Dominion Tank Police ;BRITTTAAAAINNNNN!!/BRENTENNN, AKIRA (the motorbike sequence just after the start influenced a sequence in one of my works of fiction (some guy had his neck broken by somebody riding over it on a motorbike, AKIRA style).

I also enjoy:-
Kronenbourg 1664
A bit of com;puter based animation.videographty
the music of:-
Bal-sagoth
Iron Maiden
EXHUMED
Skinhead culture (anybody remember Tim Roth's/Alan Clarke's MADE IN BRITAIN?
PC gsming (it was my works of fiction and the central characters that got mt into DOOM as they do that sort of thing [CHAINSAW style weapons against Hell's legions included)
Crash

Re: Newby to the forum

Post by Crash »

Welcome to the forum and well done for finding us.
I'm pleased to see my Dai-X question is keeping the spammers out and letting the users in!

Dominion Tank Police is something I've heard of quite a bit.

I was thinking about Doom the other day, I'll have to install that and play it a bit again.

I think I'll give Doom3 a skip. A little of that game goes a long way.
Dream big and bold and daring.
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

As it just so happens there'sa a connection between my forum name, DOOM, the god phoenix and anime..

My works of fiction centre around a team of anime (modern/traditional weapons) style warriors who go on DOOM style jobs (it was writing that got me into DOOM) and this team'd be good in DOMINION as tank police themselves (the first one's hilarious) and one of their alies is a giant rattle snake goddess called Geldra (she's an actual mythological figure but I changed her name). The God phoenix? one of the team's other allies is a FRENCH phoenix goddess.

I've known about this site for ages but couldn't get in because of the invitation only rule ad have the Star Fleet theme on my phone
(the orginal creator's Go Nagai who also created a few anime films).
Crash

Post by Crash »

It was never quite an invitation-only deal.
You did need to email Andy for an account though.
It was just the only way we found of stopping automated advertising finding its way onto the forum.

That sounds like an interesting premise you've got there.
Dream big and bold and daring.