3 Greatest Regrets of the 80s

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

My 3 biggest regrets are:1. That I didn't start reading the Beano a few years earlier than I did; all those missed Tom, Dick & Sally strips, *sob*.2. That I somehow missed the 3rd series of Terrahawks (the It-star episodes) at the time.3. The most boring one: that I didn't write a better story in a 1988 English exam, about a person who had changed a lot. I SHOULD have written about 2 childhood-friends meeting in an old folks' home, but instead I wrote something not nearly as good. If only I could turn back time!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I was such a jerk, from 1997-2007: whilst mourning the "Tom, Dick & Sally" era of the Beano, I was actually missing out on even better Beanos, containing the Crazy 4 Daisy strips. Now, I'm gradually collecting all these from Ebay.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Did anyone watch Roland Rat's series Ratman, in 1987?I was one of Roland's biggest fans from 1983-85, but by the time I was 13 (in '87), I'd gone off him, and had in fact become rather disdainful; so I lost touch with his programmes. That may have been a grave mistake, because I've recently seen a few photos from the "Ratman" show, and it looks like a masterpiece? Kevin was looking irresistible as "Pink Bucket-Man", with a bright pink cloak & mask! Only a tiny clip seems to be available on Youtube, so my chance has probably gone forever...