MCOG - new series/live action film?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Anyone heard anything serious about this. I've seen rumours that there are gonna be 2 more series of The Mysterious Cities of Gold (2D animation with CG elements) and a live action film based on the original series. Aparently for 2010. I just hope they pay attention to the original show when doing this - I can see them having Esteban and Zia starting the show with complete medalians when they actually lost the sun pieces at the end of the series.
May the Force be with you!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well this is a series that I'm too young to have seen. Anime+CG works great though when it's done properly like in Appleseed, Evangelion Rebuild... Macross F!I think I heard this show is meant to be a sci-fi sort of... so I'm lookin forward to what crops-up.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Well the original series is on DVD - well worth a look. HMV are currently the only high street store to sell it. Otherwise, amazon and other online stockists.
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Check this out. Brand new series (3 scheduled) out THIS YEAR!!!!http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news....returns
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Sounds like a great venture! And a good excuse, if one were needed, to re-watch the original I hope they do Ulysses 31 next, and then Around the World with Willy Fog, and then Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, and then...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
felice

Post by felice »

I think I saw a handful of random episodes of the original as a kid, but didn't really appreciate it at the time; it sounds like it's worth getting hold of a copy!
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Heard rumours that the new series has been put back till 2013.
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

The new series was released on blu ray this week. Sadly I'm working away from home so won't get the chance to see it until the weekend. Really looking forward to it - hard to believe that there's a second season after soooooo long.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.