Interster - the South African Star Fleet?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Torrents suck - that's what I say. I'm just placing them on megaupload one by oneYouTube does suck - they think that suspending my channel will do anything to stop me from doing what I do? No, it doesnt.....Also, the reason my account was suspended was related to various "Star Fleet" videos - on another channel I uploaded all episodes. I figured it needed more exposure - even though I was aware of Fabulous Films removing vids when the DVD was first released in 2009 - I figured they stopped doing that. If they want to be taken seriously they should monitor it consistently rather than taking long breaks and giving people a false sense that "they don't care".If it was some fan reporting the episodes, I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm OK with it but if it was an issue you could just ask for removal instead of reporting - I would've complied if you gave me a compelling enough argument.I honestly think that it's not exactly fair to remove them; the show has little exposure and is certainly unavailable to any fans in the US

Crash

Post by Crash »

Well, I disagree about torrents sucking anything because you can pause the download, shut down the computer and resume at your convenience. You could make the files as big as you wanted.Every 4MB chunk is checksummed and verified by all peers so it's very reliable and, if we set up a couple of good seeds you'd get a good download speed (I'd be happy to set the torrent up on my machine upstairs.They'd never be able to 'take it down' from anywhere either.The newer torrent clients don't need any co-ordination servers (trackers) to work either. Their operation is totally peer-to-peer and self-sufficient. There's no central point/server/middleman for anyone to shut down or remove anything from.Our connection here isn't great but we get 100Mb/s and I give about 75 across to uploading torrents. I completely agree with you though about Fabulous Films. They're secretive, backbiting, threatening, inconsistent and incomprehensibly cras. Such is my experience.I suppose, having the entire series on Youtube probably would have hacked them off a bit but if there's no DVD in the USA ...I was interested to note that the websites of both Fabulous Films and Enoki Films USA are now both closed.Not entirely heartbroken that xbomber.co.uk/ outlived them both.I wonder, if they'd been more engaged with the fans, would they have fared better?SEGA in the UK has a relationship manager that interacts with the fans. My friend Phil in Leeds gets taken to days out, dinners, parties etc. for running a site about Sonic.All I got out of Enoki/Fab Films was some nasty emails telling me to take down my site and a phonecall telling me they were thinking of sueing me.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Good news to those interested.One of my accounts has received the ability to upload over 15 minutes again. I will be reuploading on this account the 13 episodes I previously uploaded.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

YAY!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

This forum is old, but here, I posted this on the lost media wikia in hopes that the other 24 episodes of "Interster" might be found: http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki....s_14-37
Crash

Post by Crash »

I hope you get a response. You've done a great write-up of the show there.It seemed like a pretty good little series from what little I saw of it.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Mar. 29 2014,22:35)QUOTEI hope you get a response. You've done a great write-up of the show there.It seemed like a pretty good little series from what little I saw of it.I may not understand a word of Afrikaans and it's still pretty good.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

When I got hold of the DVD's of series 1 and 2, I used the details of SABC/SATV on the case sleeves to get in touch with them and ask (plead) that series 3 and 4 be released on DVD. Even though they aren't in English, I argued that they would still be well received by fans.Alas, my requests fell on deaf ears. I didn't try TVSA though...If more folks asked, maybe we'd get somewhere, but I doubt that there are enough fans, or that those fans are organised enough with sufficient representation in SA to get noticed...?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Apr. 02 2014,16:25)QUOTEWhen I got hold of the DVD's of series 1 and 2, I used the details of SABC/SATV on the case sleeves to get in touch with them and ask (plead) that series 3 and 4 be released on DVD. Even though they aren't in English, I argued that they would still be well received by fans.Alas, my requests fell on deaf ears. I didn't try TVSA though...If more folks asked, maybe we'd get somewhere, but I doubt that there are enough fans, or that those fans are organised enough with sufficient representation in SA to get noticed...?Yours and anyone else who contacted them regarding it (I haven't, but have heard similar)lostmedia wikia has to its credit through hearsay uncovered many pieces of media that were lost (at least as general circulation through the internet is concerned), so putting it there will make it a little more likely for someone to come forward with them.It's annoying though that SABC won't give anyone a response of any kind. There aren't enough fans it seems. It seems to have been forgotten by many in South Africa, and only since 2008 has the internet outside of it had any awareness of it. Most of the attention coming from Gerry Anderson fans such as myself.
Bladez636

Re: Interster - the South African Star Fleet?

Post by Bladez636 »

Some good/bad news.

Apparently on a South African viewing website, all 37 episodes of the show are up, at least based on what somebody confirmed to me.

And that leads to the bad news; the site is not available to anyone outside of South Africa.

Here's the link: http://www.showmax.com/eng/tvseries/7enrn1ih-interster

So close, yet so far.... :I