Interster Redub

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Bladez636

Interster Redub

Post by Bladez636 »

A while ago, I brought some to the attention of this 80's South African Supermarionation series and the fact that I wanted to get the help to do a fandub in English.More info: ">http://supermarionationworld.webs.com/p ... spage2.htm[/URL] < as you scroll downSomeone has uploaded the first two episodes without subtitles so doing a clean redub would now seem possible.http://vimeo.com/26230123http://vimeo.com/26344764I'd like to wonder if anyone here would be interested in doing voices for it, if so post and I'll PM you a script. Among that, I need to find a music composer.... I originally wanted to go with Barry Gray, but that is just... over used. What "Star Fleet" and "Terrahawks" gave us was something different, so might as well have "Interster" do that too.... Though regardless.... The intro and ending music stays! It's epic!Voices needed:Buks de le Ray - EP1/2Lieutenant Buys - EP1/2Lida - EP1/2Professor Zed - EP1/2Pikki -  EP2Dr. Gorman - EP1/2Manskap - EP1/2Prince Karnati - EP 1/2Krokon 1 - EP1Krokon 2 - EP1Krokon Advisor - EP2Gorman's Secretary - EP1Radio Voice - EP1Hans - EP2Commander Piennar - EP2Woltemade Navigator - EP2I plan to only do eps 1/2 but if more come and gauging on reaction; I may do more! Hoping that people who did the voices originally are co-operative in continuing!

Crash

Interster Redub

Post by Crash »

Looks like I'm gonna be a away/occupied for a while so I might not be able to help you out there - at least not straight away.I'm sure you could raid some anime soundtracks for a more modern sound. I started watching Full Metal Panic last night and its soundtrack was so good I went after it.I was suprised how very similar it was to Gundam SEED's one. Some of the tracks seemed to have been 'lifted'/remade or SEED and it also seemed to have the same gamut of different tracks and styles. So I wasn't that suprised when I found it was by the same guy, lol.Toshihiko Sahashi is one of the best composers I've come across. It's terrific modern-classical and a whole load of other genres.The other good thing about his soundtracks is that it might have the full range of musics that you need: Triumphant, Actiony, Mysterious/Conspiracy and outright Tragic.So, you might have a good variety that covers what you need - better than some anime soundtracks like the Ghost in the Shell films and Gundam 00, which have nice bits to them but a lot of it is kinda 'more-of-the-same'. Failing that, just grab whatever film soundtrack you fancy. It might be best to go after Japanese stuff because it never gets filtered on Youtube and they never sue you for pirating anime/soundtracks because it's not their turf. They barely even market the stuff here so they don't seem to care what happens over here.

Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Interster Redub

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 08 2011,19:39)QUOTELooks like I'm gonna be a away/occupied for a while so I might not be able to help you out there - at least not straight away.I'm sure you could raid some anime soundtracks for a more modern sound. I started watching Full Metal Panic last night and its soundtrack was so good I went after it.I was suprised how very similar it was to Gundam SEED's one. Some of the tracks seemed to have been 'lifted'/remade or SEED and it also seemed to have the same gamut of different tracks and styles. So I wasn't that suprised when I found it was by the same guy, lol.Toshihiko Sahashi is one of the best composers I've come across. It's terrific modern-classical and a whole load of other genres.The other good thing about his soundtracks is that it might have the full range of musics that you need: Triumphant, Actiony, Mysterious/Conspiracy and outright Tragic.So, you might have a good variety that covers what you need - better than some anime soundtracks like the Ghost in the Shell films and Gundam 00, which have nice bits to them but a lot of it is kinda 'more-of-the-same'. Failing that, just grab whatever film soundtrack you fancy. It might be best to go after Japanese stuff because it never gets filtered on Youtube and they never sue you for pirating anime/soundtracks because it's not their turf. They barely even market the stuff here so they don't seem to care what happens over here.I'll take a look and see... I may use pieces of the Bow Wow X-Bomber music, but it would be secondary at best...
Crash

Interster Redub

Post by Crash »

Well, it's just one suggestion. I'm having a look thru my music folder and I wonder if all the Hans Zimmer/Transformers/Trevor Rabin whatever movie soundtracks might be a bit out of character and ... heavy and 'live-action oriented'.The Bow Wow soundtrack had some quite nice bits. I was quite impressed when Dave upped a lot of it to the X-Archive. I gather that's what it is. I upped a higher-quality version that I found - only 128k but it was a slight improvement.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/files/media/%5 ... ber.zipAll the other animes I have soundtracks to have really specific music that reflects the particular evil weirdness or light-heartedness of the shows. So it's often really good but it makes it kinda useless for anything else. I'm thinking of stuff like Gravion and Evangelion.Macross F has some lovely music too but it's all pop with vocals. The actual score isn't as remarkable although Yoko Kanno always gives you some great bits - amazing woman.

Bladez636

Interster Redub

Post by Bladez636 »

If I were to choose music myself, it'd probably end up being Barry Gray's.... But I need to look around some more. If I did, I'd stick with "UFO" and "Space: 1999" music as no Supermarionation series saw those.I like what i've heard, checking out the guys music. Got an OST Download for me to listen to more?Track 4 on the Bow Wow X-Bomber track I think is perfect for the battle scene in episode one. Theres a Thunderbirds 2086 soundtrack out there too, so I could use that as well if I track it down!

Crash

Interster Redub

Post by Crash »

UFO is a good choice - the interceptor music is very infectious but the rest of Gray's music for that is a bit bland. I think he either wanted to make the live-action shows more adult and darker or he'd run out of ideas.All those albums I mentioned I can recommend for your personal consumption, just that they might not be suitable or give you the necessary gamut of things.Terrahawks has a very nice soundtrack and personally I prefer that to the Star Fleet one infact because it's so ... sugary and semi-orchestral and energetic. So I give it full points for that.I like your sig by the way. - very much.I would go on Isohunt and download Toshihiko Sahashi's stuff via bittorrent. You can obtain a vast quantity of stuff in one fell swoop that way if you look for Gundam SEED's music. There's vast quantities of it - 4 soundtracks per series and about a dozen CDs that had audio stories and music on relating to individual characters. There are also two discs with arrangements of his stuff played by the LSO or LPO, I can't remember, and those are terrific as well.You might be able to find a whole discography of his stuff maybe.But he does a huge amount of stuff and it's all really ... nice and it's quite stirring without being too pretentious. I suppose some people would say it's a bit ... treacly and childish for classical but ... he's one of my favourite modern composers alongside anyone else like Copland or ... Vaughan-Williams or whoever. It's just different and more modern and obviously written for a purpose.People often don't believe that it's Japanese but that's the great thing: it's so easy to listen to and it has a unique greatness.I would recommend starting with the last two discs of SEED and any from SEED Destiny because that's where the series picks up after a while and the music follows suit.In addition to that there's also music from various other pop artists who do credits music, insert songs and albums based on that show.