Kate Kestrel

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

Kate Kestrel

Post by Rachel »

Which songs of hers do you remember most clearly? Of course, I recall SOS quite well. She had another nice song in the Coldfinger episode, I think, called Be My Star Tonight. I still think her music is good, having heard it in my new video; a definite 80s sound. (Although to be honest, I think I prefer the actual Terrahawks theme tune, itself!) I wonder what happened to Moya Griffiths?All of the Terrahawks crew are nice, but most of the humans aren't that different from the standard Anderson puppets, from his older series, are they? You have to admire Kate for being an innovatory character, with her music and her brightly coloured wigs (my favourite is the pale blue one).
Rachel

Kate Kestrel

Post by Rachel »

I can't help wondering why they didn't use Moya Griffiths' speaking voice, for the character of Kate, as well as the singing voice? I mean, why spend extra money on another actress' salary? Mind you, I think Anne Ridler was needed for Cystar's voice, too, wasn't she? Still, it's funny they didn't use Moya's voice for Kate's conversations.