Space 1999

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Jim Box

Space 1999

Post by Jim Box »

Following on from the subject of Airwolf, Streethawk et all:-Do you remember Space 1999 another of Gerry Andersons productions.I only have 3 tapes myself, Alien Attack, Destination Moonbase Alpha and The Black Hole in space.Still very watchable, despite the wooden acting and pathetic stories (There is some truth that Anderson blew about &#363m on the set and ships and ran out of money for the plots!)The first episode Breakaway will always be my favourite!Which are yours?Jim
Happosai

Space 1999

Post by Happosai »

I used to love Space 1999 when I was a kid...had an Eagle space ship and an annual...the most memorable episode for me was the one where Maya turned into a bee and buzzed about in an alien robot's head...!I just found this site, which has a scaaaarey amount of detail about the show: http://www.space1999.net/It was repeated on BBC2 recently, and I started watching it again, but I was disappointed to find that it didn't live up to its nostalgia for me (or my friends)...I found it pretty boring and too full of metaphysical rubbish...! Ah well...some things are better left as memories...[Happosai]