Transformers

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Shane

Transformers

Post by Shane »

Transformers the Movie was a real revelation. The Autobot city battle in the first half of the movie is masterfuly directed, and is as exciting as any live action movie. The movie does get a little weaker near the end though due to such an incredible start. Again with the music! Vince Decola's score is genius. I remember my friend had the soundtrack album which unfortunately only featured a few pieces of Vince's music from the film, the rest being the Heavy Metal tunes featured in the movie, which you're right was an unusual and brave choice that really paid off. I bought the region 1 version of the movie earlier this year, and they actualy market it as a special edition just because Spike says sh#t, although you do get an interview with Decola and a storyboard gallery, and I think it was presented in it's original ratio, I'll have to check.Incedently has anyone got the movie soundtrack or the bootleg Vince Decola tracks missing from the album on a cd or in mp3 format I would dearly love to get hold of them, and would pay you for your efforts.Thanks,Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Transformers

Post by Shane »

Cheers Kiran, that would be wicked I'll send you an email.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
GenoGear

Transformers

Post by GenoGear »

Also Transformers: The Movie was classed as a flop.
AndyThomas

Transformers

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, yes. There's a similar reminisce to this one going on in another forum I frequent. I've still got the soundtrack on tape. "Instruments of destruction, tools of power play! It's the final interruption, existence rips away!" #### near worn it out over the years! I think it has that in common with Star Fleet - top soundtrack and some serious realism - like when Arcee drags in the shattered remains of some of the Autobot defenders on Earth. Plus of course we get introduced to the Autobot tape deck with all his cool mini-tapes!Speaking of Blaster, that leads me nicely into the Straxus query. The comics are on-line on various sites, but from memory, it was a space bridge thing. Blaster was fighting with Straxus on the interdimensional bridge (which was literally a bridge in the comics, not the wormhole thing as in the cartoons). They're fairly evenly matched, but Blaster manages to get the upper hand by throwing Straxus "overboard" into the dimensional flux on either side of the bridge. Only his head is recovered and placed in stasis. When Optimus Prime later does something similar to Megatron, sending him back to Cybertron, Straxus tries to take over Megatron's mind and hence his body. He succeeds for a while but Megatron does eventually regain control - although as I remember he's considerably more unbalanced as a result (if that were possible). Yes, the UK comics were good and more story driven than their merchandise heavy US counterparts...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator