Emulators

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
DRAGONMAGE

Emulators

Post by DRAGONMAGE »

Anybody got any 80s computer emulators on their tablet/Pc/smartphone?
Crash

Re: Emulators

Post by Crash »

Hi, Welcome,

I haven't actually, I moved from Android to a Windows 10 (mobile) a couple of months ago.
It has a smaller range of software but the quality tends to be better than on the Android marketplace.

I haven't regretted it for a moment.

This looks quite appealing but I don't have the time to mess on with them at the moment:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/a ... blggh3szfq

They always need images and configuring and playing on with before you can actually play on with them.

What games do you find yourself playing on the move? Do you find that some lend themselves particularly well to tablet/phone?

My problem is the screen size and lack of immersion, limited object count that the mobile CPUs and graphics can handle and the lack of handles and controls to take control of the whole thing.
Sometimes you just need a good keyboard and mouse to feel attached to the whole thing.
Dream big and bold and daring.
DRAGONMAGE

Post by DRAGONMAGE »

These' re good emulators that are greet:
Beebem (BBC micro)
Winape (Amstrad CPC)
Specwin48

I mist GBC+
VGB+
Snestalgia
GenstALGIA OFF THE LIST
Good sites for game downloads
The Games Archives
Coolromd
DOPEROMS
World of Spectrum

In fact, I could go into a pub, set my tablet and Bluetooth keyboard up and be playing:
Manic Miner
Starquake
Chuckle Egg

But with modern cheap but decent software, nothing expensivef software (Xara Photo and Graphic Designer are good and with the right font, it is possible to emulate a BBC Micro start up screen and simulate ZX81/Sinclair spectrum style animation). BUT what I want to do is an animated simulation of 8-bit computer style animation.
DRAGONMAGE

Post by DRAGONMAGE »

Crash wrote:Hi, Welcome,

I haven't actually, I moved from Android to a Windows 10 (mobile) a couple of months ago.
It has a smaller range of software but the quality tends to be better than on the Android marketplace.

I haven't regretted it for a moment.

This looks quite appealing but I don't have the time to mess on with them at the moment:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/a ... blggh3szfq

They always need images and configuring and playing on with before you can actually play on with them.

What games do you find yourself playing on the move? Do you find that some lend themselves particularly well to tablet/phone?

My problem is the screen size and lack of immersion, limited object count that the mobile CPUs and graphics can handle and the lack of handles and controls to take control of the whole thing.
Sometimes you just need a good keyboard and mouse to feel attached to the whole thing.
It works better on a tablet.