30th Anniversary of Star Fleet

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

Realistically, I know Star Fleet has a small fanbase and from that base, an even smaller hardcore, but never-the-less I think it's worth doing something special for the 30th Anniversary year of Star Fleet, innit?I have a few creative ideas to mark the occasion in October:1/ Finally produce the Star Fleet Omnibus, including character profiles (tests for this coming soon).2/ Publish a PDF 2013 Annual, that harks back to the 1984 one, but with all new content.3/ Something that may or may not be possible, but could be great if it pans out/people are up for it.At least one of these is a viable option for sure, maybe even two. If anyone has any ideas or content for the Omnibus or Annual, let me know.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
felice

Post by felice »

I'd be keen to try coming up with some more artwork of some kind for the annual. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Well you'd also have my interviews with the cast at some point
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I agree, we ought to do something to mark the passing of the Anniversary.I like the Star Fleet Omnibus idea, although this would hinge around someone completing the transcripting of TOAS, that was started a while back IIRC?I also like the Annual idea, although would we infringe any copyright with this? I guess as long as it wasn't done for profit, it'd be fine.I'd be up for writing some creative content for either of the above.I have a good contact who can produce embroidered clothing and/or patches, with no minimum order quantity. So we could also have a commemorative patch or T-shirt (embroidered logo, not printed picture) created as a limited run for fans, (on a not-for-profit basis).There are lots of possibilities with a 30th Anniversary logo, as far as merchandising goes; mugs, key-rings etc...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

(Vanessa @ Jan. 11 2012,12:32)QUOTEI agree, we ought to do something to mark the passing of the Anniversary.I like the Star Fleet Omnibus idea, although this would hinge around someone completing the transcripting of TOAS, that was started a while back IIRC?I also like the Annual idea, although would we infringe any copyright with this? I guess as long as it wasn't done for profit, it'd be fine.I'd be up for writing some creative content for either of the above.I have a good contact who can produce embroidered clothing and/or patches, with no minimum order quantity. So we could also have a commemorative patch or T-shirt (embroidered logo, not printed picture) created as a limited run for fans, (on a not-for-profit basis).There are lots of possibilities with a 30th Anniversary logo, as far as merchandising goes; mugs, key-rings etc...Yeah, the TOAS transcription still needs to be done, but apart from that there's a few completed stories in the bag. I might try to transcribe an episode as a test to see how long it would take me.I think the annual should be OK copyright-wise. It's not for profit and just an extension of the ongoing fan-art/websites.The Embroidered patch/t-shirt idea sounds fab! I'd love a T-Shirt with the Star Fleet or X-Bomber logo. Any content at all for the Annual would be great. I like the idea of following the format of the original 1984 annual, with its quizes and short stories, but in an updated fashion as well as new art-work and profiles. So anything really. I've got an Idea for a fun PPA quiz page with ridiculously difficult/impossible questions which will be a sort of parady of some of the quiz/joke pages from annuals of our youth.I'll also mock up a front and back cover and a rough format for the rest of the annual. So any stories, pictures or interviews would be most welcome.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hey guys, these ideas all sound fantastic!If anybody needs a hand, do let me know. The XGP BTInternet address is always best. I realise that I was going to rip the Japanese DVDs for Bladez but I literally have been back-to-back lately.At least the job's going well but everything else has ground to a halt now that I have my materials divided between 3 machines after the Dell went back for repair.I just seem to have no spare time and even less energy and concentration to dive into X-Bomber's code - even if it is very well laid-out.So... I had a quick game of HalfLife2 Ep3 last night but I was so rusty that I let the Striders get too close to the base. Never let that happen before.Although, I think they made HL2 Ep3 too difficult, even on Easy for people who aren't hardcore shooter players anyway.I'll have to chuck my lined/squared-paper and get the A3 cartridge paper so that you get a proper quality drawing for the Annual.Most of my drawings are just to scan onto my site to give people a bit of extra background to the game etc.I so have to get in-gear and release v0.82 before the end of this month. I might clear my paid holidays that I've built-up over the last couple of months to get the job done.There's no finished level 16 yet but there are a lot of upgrades. A lot of those are internal / invisible / performance/reliability-related.It's really beautiful. Almost everything I ever wanted to do with the game is basically there. But I had to work really hard within the bounds of my dev software to get myself there.After I release this, I just need to write the rest of the Space Fortress Finale Mission with more giant robots and just an insane amount of overkill.Because, remember, there ain't no kill like overkill!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

(Crash Override @ Jan. 13 2012,11:39)QUOTEI realise that I was going to rip the Japanese DVDs for Bladez but I literally have been back-to-back lately.I remember the French ones I was going to do. Being flat out at work and having my car written off put a damper on that. :-(
(Crash Override @ Jan. 13 2012,11:39)QUOTESo... I had a quick game of HalfLife2 Ep3 last night but I was so rusty that I let the Striders get too close to the base. Never let that happen before.Although, I think they made HL2 Ep3 too difficult, even on Easy for people who aren't hardcore shooter players anyway.Waaa? Episode 3? Did I miss something?   When I've got time its been Battlefield 3, L.A.Noire and the X-Com games for me.
Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

Err, sorry episode 2 rather. It's effectively the 3rd HL2 game.Point I was making was that I just haven't played any games recently. Very rusty.Over 4 years they've taken to release a continuation and no sign still whatsoever. Even the rumour mill is very quiet.How'd the car accident happen?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I have just had this amazing Idea I might just pitch to Louis.Remember that audio drama Andy has here for Genesis?well what if we sent Louis one of our fan fics and asked him if he and the crew could put thier voices to the characters?a simple yet very doable idea regarding the current
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Sounds like quite a plan.Most of the fanfics are quite long though.How about getting them to put their voices to the "missing" episode 18 ?True, I'd have to get off my ar*e and get the translation sorted, but I should really have done that a while ago.It might be a hit for Fabulous Films too, as an "extra" to the original story...?
Evasive Manoeuvres!