30th Anniversary of Star Fleet

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Mach1na @ Jan. 13 2012,14:31)QUOTE
(Crash Override @ Jan. 13 2012,11:39)QUOTEI realise that I was going to rip the Japanese DVDs for Bladez but I literally have been back-to-back lately.I remember the French ones I was going to do. Being flat out at work and having my car written off put a damper on that. :-(I got those DVD's from Crash yesterday - I will go into the process of remastering the scenes in photoshop when I've got the time for when or if you wish to go into the process of purchasing or torrenting the French DVD. Again sorry about megaupload being taken down by us yanks facist's - it would have saved us money and some time. Can I move to Britain so I don't have that much embarrassment to deal with here?Anyhow, the Japanese masters may be grainy as such, but it's a lot smoother and cleaner than the English footage which has clearly been saved on 16mm footage reels.On the subject of a 30th Anniversary commemoration - I would like to put forward the thought of perhaps making a more fulfilling character biography than what is available - a little more Gerry Anderson-esque where they have full birthdates and such. Just a thought, because I always liked that deep thought put into characters
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I like this idea of the full indepth Bio'sI can host it on http://sfprojects.moonfruit.com now that i have recovered all my info from thoes bloody buggers
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

The United Kingdom is one of the most backward countries in the world from a copyright perspective.No reason to adulate our methods here in the UK.Well, the car was fixed. Those Subarus are built solid. The other guy rammed into the side of me and had £4,000 of damage and the Subaru only had £600.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Feb. 17 2012,10:20)QUOTEThe United Kingdom is one of the most backward countries in the world from a copyright perspective.No reason to adulate our methods here in the UK.Well, the car was fixed. Those Subarus are built solid. The other guy rammed into the side of me and had £4,000 of damage and the Subaru only had £600.True as well. Of course I hear less embarrassing things about the UK than over here in America - we got Rick covering Women's rights in Santorum over here if you get my meaning - everything I hear in the new annoying. But I don't live in the UK - thus I have little understanding of the news there.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Oh, absolutely. To be fair, America is slightly more of a meritocracy than the UK but if MegaUpload had been here, chances are it'd still be down by now.At least we don't have those rabid Republicans that have such an unfortunate impact on your country's national image.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

I've been thinking of something I myself could do. Perhaps do a comic adaptation of Andy's Genesis series, at least the Dark Rising part which was also adapted into audio in 07.I was thinking of this as something to put a stop to my long going artists block.I need ideas as to how the fan characters are designed is the thing...
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

When you say fan characters you mean the ones constucted in the fan fics?Shadow / Shiro's upgraded chacter is basically Shiro wearing Halley's hellmet without the ornate crests witha pure black visor coming all the way down to his top lip.wears a black outfit with red lines in the piping. carries a sword with a skull at the hilt.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Zordon @ Feb. 27 2012,13:07)QUOTEWhen you say fan characters you mean the ones constucted in the fan fics?Shadow / Shiro's upgraded chacter is basically Shiro wearing Halley's hellmet without the ornate crests witha pure black visor coming all the way down to his top lip.wears a black outfit with red lines in the piping. carries a sword with a skull at the hilt.I refer to Andy's Commander Marlok and Commander Magellan
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I'm guessing that if Andy hasn't described them in any detail in his Genesis story (not read it for a while) then you have full artistic licence to make them look how you wish... Maybe look at Shane's excellent drawings of other Thalian commanders for inspiration, and just remember to add a menacing symbiote of some sort
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I once asked Andy what his idea of the X-Fighter looked like.I forget what he told me. I always figured that it'd be like a Thunderbolt fighter from Babylon5.For the version-after-next, I'm gonna try and integrate those into my game.