English voices with Japanese masters

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

You certainly know your stuff!I had no idea about the speed difference between NTSC and PAL.But then I'm a bit of a Luddie (as forum regulars will know, LOL!)I really enjoy listening to all of Paul Bliss's remastered CD.It is a shame that many of the Audio Cues were removed though.I've had a play about with track 12 "Don't miss the next episode..."I liked it but always wanted it to be longer. So using Nero I looped the middle bit over a few times and seamlessly joined it all up. I like it even better now I'm pondering a way of trying to add the initial explosion sound to the beginning of the Remastered end titles song, and also putting the X-Bomber crew's voices back into the Remastered main intro theme. I always think it should have these in, as that's how I remember it.I had no idea there was so much X-Bomber stuff on youtube.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Mar. 31 2011,22:35)QUOTEI'm sure you're right but the one I was thinking of is the track from the black hole episode (episode 7, is it? - I think it was conveniently exactly 7 minutes in) where X-Bomber fires its laser at the fighters and also towards the series' end where X-Bomber shoots at Orion's drone craft with the rear-facing lasers.The remastering was certainly impressive but it became a bit clinical at the same time.Was it only in Mono - that's a God-damn shame. I hadn't realised that.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OXCB9KOAHere's what you requested. Hope it's to your liking... It sounds a lot better than the first one I did.... I paired it with the first piece that made it onto the soundtrack. The editing starts at 1:47

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hey that was definitely new! Not on the Soundtrack CD.Very well done, the quality of the remastering was excellent.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Talking of Re-dubs, I came across this on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hp5WFR4 ... elatedstar fleet w/barry grayNot sure if I added that link right?I'm not the best with this tech stuff...I'm guessing that this is your handiwork Bladez636?It's very well executed, and I'm very impressed how you got the speech of the characters without any background noises and added them to the "new" Barry Gray music.All in all, an interesting take on how Star Fleet may have sounded with a classic Gerry Anderson twist.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Yeah, that was me.... That was from when I first got into Star Fleet....I'm pretty proud of it actually, the second one I tried came out horribly on second inspection. The Big Gun/Ocean Pioneer music from "Stingray"/"Thunderbirds" fit it pretty well in the first one!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

For anyone who's interested; I for the hell of it put a new music piece together that wasn't on the Soundtrack. It was evident this piece would turn out crappy halfway through, but why did I do it? Because I love this bloody piece of music.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNNVN50PThis piece of music was first heard towards the end of episode 9 and in the opening for episode 10 (in a higher pitch). Then in the ending episodes, episode 20 and 24
Crash

Post by Crash »

Lord, I could have sworn I replied to this topic ages ago to thank you for Missing Piece 2 but obviously not. Not really good enough seeing as I was the one that asked for it...Maybe I typed it but closed the window without going back and pressing send. I do that sometimes.Sorry about that. This third one is very good too. A well-chosen little bit.

Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Once again great work there!Thank you for putting this together.Speaking of missing pieces of music, I have the X-Bomber official soundtrack on Vinyl LP, (I got it digitised so I can play it on my Laptop/car/stereo etc...), and it's evident that there are quite a few pieces of music that are in the Japanese X-Bomber series, but don't feature on this LP soundtrack.Most of the songs on the LP soundtrack are by BowWow, but not all. There are some cracking tracks on the LP, but also there are some good tunes that are missing.Any chance of you putting a couple of these missing tunes together for our delectation? Mind you, I'm not entirely sure how to communicate to you which pieces of music are on the official X-Bomber soundtrack LP, as I don't read Japanese, and as you can see if you look at the LP sleeve scans on the X-Archive, identifying the tracks (apart from the intro titles music and end credits music) ain't that easy
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Jul. 13 2011,01:20)QUOTEOnce again great work there!Thank you for putting this together.Speaking of missing pieces of music, I have the X-Bomber official soundtrack on Vinyl LP, (I got it digitised so I can play it on my Laptop/car/stereo etc...), and it's evident that there are quite a few pieces of music that are in the Japanese X-Bomber series, but don't feature on this LP soundtrack.Most of the songs on the LP soundtrack are by BowWow, but not all. There are some cracking tracks on the LP, but also there are some good tunes that are missing.Any chance of you putting a couple of these missing tunes together for our delectation? Mind you, I'm not entirely sure how to communicate to you which pieces of music are on the official X-Bomber soundtrack LP, as I don't read Japanese, and as you can see if you look at the LP sleeve scans on the X-Archive, identifying the tracks (apart from the intro titles music and end credits music) ain't that easy  I think I know what you mean.... The pieces of music you refer to were not by BowWow, all the stuff BowWow covered was on that track (I believe).The missing pieces were composed by Kazutaka Tazaki and Nakayuki Sakuraba.I can try, but i'm uncertain on some. I did do those Japanese master with English voices on this page, but they're laced with SFX.I'd like to hear those pieces, particularly the music piece when the Alliance attack Pluto base in the Japanese version.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Well you certainly know your X-Bomber music!I didn't know the names of the Japanese Composers.It would be great if you could weave your magic and put some of these tracks together
Evasive Manoeuvres!