Star Fleet IDs

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

I have an idea for a new little 3D scene. It's no space battle; it's more of a still life snapshot. What I'm picturing is a sparse desktop or workspace with an identification badge or security card laying out.Of course, the badge belongs to one of the valiant X-Bomber crew members!So, why the new thread? Two reasons.First, I would like to use Andy's "X" logo that appears on the forums. This one: I couldn't remember if this logo actually appeared in the series or if you created it; so, I figured I should ask your permission first before plastering it all over a bunch of my own work...Actually, I forgot that I'd left this browser window open (whoops!) and I already put together a 3D logo in the mean time:Your thoughts?Anyhow, second, once I build the scene, it should be easy to swap out the text on the ID. So, would anyone here like a desktop wallpaper of your own Star Fleet security badge? Instead of "Cadet Hagen" or "Dr. Benn", how would "Admiral Andy Thomas" or "Captain Crash Override" sound? I thought it might be a fun little personalized treat I could give back for the year-end holidays.
Crash

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Crash »

That would be totally legend! Those insignia were worn on the sides of their shoulders, Shiro and Hercules certainly had them and I think Lee as well.I think it looks great, Brad. - It has a really fresh, light, airy look to it.Sounds like a great idea to me.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

A-ha! Thanks for the reminder, Crash. I suppose that makes it even more appropriate as the badge insignia!
AndyThomas

Star Fleet IDs

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, as Crash says it's the logo that appears regularly on the uniforms of the X-Bomber crew - I think, although I'd have to check, that they have it on before they become X-Bomber crew so I'm not sure what it actually denotes despite its shape suggesting it's an X-Project related symbol.You can just about make it out in these images - I actually used the version appearing on Shiro's helmet when I was originally putting together the icon here. The other icon in use here is a rough lift of the Alliance's logo.I'm sure I've got some more decent reference shots elsewhere if needed. There's also an academy logo which is seen in flashback - full scale it's an eagle sort of emblem. I don't think this appears in the US version of episode 5.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

Yes, that's exactly what I needed, Andy. Thanks! I got the series on CD years ago from the guy that does Star Fleet Direct; so, I can just skip around to the right parts and take a screenshot.So far, it looks like the insignias I could make include:- the red and blue 'X' for the X-Bomber crew (done)- the golden eagle for the defense academy- the blue and red eagle profile for EDF (I'll try to find a snapshot of this)
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

edit: sorry, disregard this post.
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

Voila!*snip!*I'm not quite finished with it, but that's the general idea. I want to push the walls back and put more in the room to make it a bit more realistic. I'm also not sure I got the scale of everything quite right, but that'll do for now. I just wanted to post this despite its unfinished state because I probably won't get to work on it for another week or so. It's exam time at university!A personalized one could look something like this:edit: curses! I uploaded the wrong file! brb...
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

Okay, this is the number...Click me, see "Shiro's Security Badge" Crash, I saw you were just loading this a moment again. Reload it.
Crash

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Crash »

Um, pardon... I don't think I got that, but I still think it looks great.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Star Fleet IDs

Post by Bradster »

Whoops, sorry then. I saw someone accessing my server shortly after I posted that and assumed it was you since I saw you online here. Must've been someone else!